No instrument panel lights - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KJ Liberty Forum > No instrument panel lights

Cess Recovery Gear Snatch Tow Strap OffRoad @ ROCKRIDGE4WDGEARSHADE Pocket Tops in stock and available at ROCKRIDGE Engo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shipp

Unread 05-16-2013, 06:34 AM   #1
DarkSport11
2011 KK Liberty 

No instrument panel lights

I changed a burned out shift indicator bulb in the center console and it still doesn't light. Yesterday I drove the truck for the first time at night and now my dash doesn't light up either. Everything was fine until I replaced the bulb at the gear selector. I checked the 15 amp fuse and it's good, what else could be causing this all of a sudden?

DarkSport11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-16-2013, 07:48 AM   #2
Billwill
2002 KJ Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garnet02Sport View Post
I changed a burned out shift indicator bulb in the center console and it still doesn't light. Yesterday I drove the truck for the first time at night and now my dash doesn't light up either. Everything was fine until I replaced the bulb at the gear selector. I checked the 15 amp fuse and it's good, what else could be causing this all of a sudden?

You obviously have tried turning the cluster dimmer switch on the left stalk next to the steering column?
Unread 05-16-2013, 07:54 PM   #3
DarkSport11
2011 KK Liberty 

Found the issue and everything is working again including the gear selector light on the console. The owners manual said fuse #34 which is a 15A is for the dash, courtesy and console indicator lamps. When I pulled it was good so just for the heck of it I started to pull out the other fuses and checked them. When I got to #9 cavity and pulled out the 10A fuse it was bad. I found out that 9, 13 and 34 have the instrument cluster and console shift indicator lamp tied into them some way or another.

Last edited by DarkSport11; 05-16-2013 at 09:38 PM..
DarkSport11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-17-2013, 01:47 AM   #4
Billwill
2002 KJ Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garnet02Sport View Post
Found the issue and everything is working again including the gear selector light on the console. The owners manual said fuse #34 which is a 15A is for the dash, courtesy and console indicator lamps. When I pulled it was good so just for the heck of it I started to pull out the other fuses and checked them. When I got to #9 cavity and pulled out the 10A fuse it was bad. I found out that 9, 13 and 34 have the instrument cluster and console shift indicator lamp tied into them some way or another.

Great The Owners' manual is notorious for incomplete/incorrect fuse information....you need to check the circuit diagrams for slightly more accurate information.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.