New to this, Lift Advice? - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KJ Liberty Forum > New to this, Lift Advice?

Building a Bumper?Ruffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!~Artec JK 1 TON SWAP~

Unread 06-11-2013, 09:00 PM   #16
grenade187
2002 KJ Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoBobsKJ View Post
I like the painted LCA's -reminds me of tjkj2002's KJ before he went SFA. He painted his LCA's orange to match the body color

Bob
Thanks! I'm pretty happy with the way it looks..

Tom - I noticed you're not running front bumpstops.. I've been wondering about taking mine out, they block the view of my nice aftermarket suspension .. but I wasn't sure if it'd be hard on the springs

grenade187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-11-2013, 09:09 PM   #17
tommudd
2004 KJ Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by grenade187 View Post
Thanks! I'm pretty happy with the way it looks..

Tom - I noticed you're not running front bumpstops.. I've been wondering about taking mine out, they block the view of my nice aftermarket suspension .. but I wasn't sure if it'd be hard on the springs
Just had them out to adjust the coilover
Back in now , they're like the rest of my suspension , I look at them and they fall out on cue they've been in and out so many times
Unread 06-12-2013, 09:11 AM   #18
TwoBobsKJ
2003 KJ Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommudd View Post
Mines painted body color as well , but when you've got a black KJ its hard to tell that they're painted
Yea, mine too! I think I'm gonna spend some time under the Jeep this week with a wire brush and repaint the suspension if the rain will hold off. The rear looks OK but this past winter did a number on the front.

BTW, what paint would be best on the OME coils? My stock UCA has hit the coil and taken off the paint and I want to touch it up when I put on the JBA arms (which are in a box in my garage - just need time to install them.) I was gonna use Rustoleum Hammered Black like the rest of the undercarriage but wonder if it will be flexible enough...

Bob
- 3.7L, 42RLE, 4.10's, 4X Guard Trans skid, Factory Engine, T-case, Tank skids, Modded BoulderBars sliders, OME 927/948, Bilsteins, JBA A-Arms & 1/4" top plate, 1 extra rear iso/side, Moabs with Firestone Destination AT's 255/70-16
TwoBobsKJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-12-2013, 09:18 AM   #19
tommudd
2004 KJ Liberty 

I've used that on mine and its held up real good
Unread 06-13-2013, 06:34 PM   #20
TwoBobsKJ
2003 KJ Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommudd
I've used that on mine and its held up real good
Sweet - thanks Tom!

Bob

Sent from my iPhone using JeepForum
- 3.7L, 42RLE, 4.10's, 4X Guard Trans skid, Factory Engine, T-case, Tank skids, Modded BoulderBars sliders, OME 927/948, Bilsteins, JBA A-Arms & 1/4" top plate, 1 extra rear iso/side, Moabs with Firestone Destination AT's 255/70-16
TwoBobsKJ is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.