new to the jeep world - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KJ Liberty Forum > new to the jeep world

CurrieZONE 4.25" combo lift for TJ available at Rockridge4wBrand New! Quadratec LED Headlights!

Unread 12-03-2013, 11:42 PM   #1
2005jeepliberty

new to the jeep world

I just picked up a 05 liberty with the 3.7. What are some upgrades I can do. Open to any piece of advice

2005jeepliberty is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-04-2013, 03:32 AM   #2
tommudd
2004 KJ Liberty 

Depends on what you are looking to do with it or the look you want. Everything from aftermarket bumpers to roof racks to lifts up to 6 inches is available
Unread 12-04-2013, 03:55 AM   #3
Chosw

Welcome!

Check out http://www.rocklizardfabrications.com/jeep_liberty.htm for all kinds of goodies, Martin will hook you up big time. Just in time for the holiday sales too!

Also check out all of the ARB products for the liberty here: http://www.arbusa.com/Vehicle/2005-jeep-liberty-kj.aspx

The KJ has so many modifications and alterations out there it is nuts, so open your mind and start getting creative man,
Chosw is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-05-2013, 02:10 PM   #4
2005jeepliberty

Nothing crazy been looking around. I wanna do a 2.3-3 inch suspension lift. Exhaust cold air I take and larger tires right now.

What are some good 30-32 inch tires
Unread 12-05-2013, 02:23 PM   #5
tommudd
2004 KJ Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2005jeepliberty View Post
Nothing crazy been looking around. I wanna do a 2.3-3 inch suspension lift. Exhaust cold air I take and larger tires right now.

What are some good 30-32 inch tires
Save your money on the cold air intake, will gain nothing at all, only noise
exhaust about the same get a good sound is all
lifts OME or Ironman full springs kit with shocks, both are good, have ran and tested both or jeepinbyals adjustable coilover setups . All available at www.jeepinbyal.com Ironman and OME show 1.5 inches of lift but you actually get 2.5 -2.75 inches , more can be added very easy.
stay with 30 inch tires, 31s/32s be ready to regear to 4.10s
BE VERY VERY CAREFUL SINCE ONCE YOU START YOU CAN'T STOP
On right ( silver one ) stocker with my old ARB on front and then mine on the left, see once you lift 2 inches you want three, then 4 then..........SFA!!!

Little later that day after we gave the silver one a little 3.5 inch boost here at my place
Unread 12-05-2013, 02:55 PM   #6
2005jeepliberty

Did you have to do any other mods for the 3.5 lift. I was 4eading that you have to redo the cvs
Unread 12-05-2013, 03:08 PM   #7
tommudd
2004 KJ Liberty 

If you stay in the 3.25-3.5 range no need to swap CVs. I've been lifted over 170,000 miles and just had to finally replace my left side CV 3,000 miles ago. OF COURSE some folks can tear up a anvil with a rubber hammer so this info is not 100%
I've done close to 30 KJ lifts all were set up to be in the 3.5 inch range ( after they settled in) and all are running stock CVs. I would recommend using the JBA 4.5 upper control arms, they not only have a replaceable/greaseable ball joint but are also longer to help with alignment issues
3.5 inches of lift will be about 22.5 inches from middle of the wheel to bottom of the flare in front
here is the way we do most either OME or Ironman springs, 1/4 inch top plate, 3/8 inch clevis in front with two upper extra rear isolators in the rear
Unread 12-09-2013, 05:29 PM   #8
2005jeepliberty

Sweet. Not gunna be for a while. Gotta aave money. But I need new tires now. Do you know what the largest size tires I can put on with agressive tred without rubbing. Found like 5 sized but didnt makw sense
Unread 12-09-2013, 06:04 PM   #9
tommudd
2004 KJ Liberty 

If its not sagged too bad 245-70-16s will work, minor rubbing when fully turned but if its sagged much at all then 235-70 or something along that height

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.