New Jeep Owner - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KJ Liberty Forum > New Jeep Owner

ZONE 4.25" combo lift for TJ available at Rockridge4wJeep Wrangler Bushwacker Flat Fender Flare Sale at BaselinRIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all

Unread 04-08-2013, 05:50 PM   #1
Wpmclam
1994 YJ Wrangler 

New Jeep Owner

I just got a 2005 Liberty Sport 2wd from my wife's family with around 148k on the odometer. I'm new to the Jeep world but just wanted to introduce myself. Also this Liberty has been wrecked within the past year or so. It has a crack in the bumper (cover)? Also the hood is bent slightly. It latches but its sticks up on the drivers side as well as the grill being cracked. Any tips on getting these replaced?

Wpmclam is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-08-2013, 09:18 PM   #2
oilbuner

2006 KJ Liberty 

Welcome Hopefully the broken and bent stuff is no big deal. Sometimes second hand part are easy to find, but the ones I want "forgetaboutit" A new unpainted hood $150, bumper cover and grill not sure. Around here when we get a messed up bumper cover we install cattlecrunchersGota love it, enjoy your new Jeep Oilburner
Unread 04-09-2013, 06:16 AM   #3
Wpmclam
1994 YJ Wrangler 

I would love to have a bumper like yours but with factory suspension I don't know how well that would work. Also I thought I could get a chrome grille over-lay to cover up the crack. The hood I can likely find at a local junk yard. I'd love to do a lift but is it worth doing on a 2wd?
Unread 04-09-2013, 07:26 AM   #4
oilbuner

2006 KJ Liberty 

I see your point on the bumper. With 148 on the odometer new springs and shocks would make a big difference in your ride, even without lifting it. The after market parts offered by a few companies make these jeeps ride better then new!! No joke, BETER THEN NEW.. Good luck with you new jeep..
Unread 04-09-2013, 09:23 AM   #5
Wpmclam
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Should I go with new factory springs/shocks are go ahead and get after market materials for a lift since it'll need to be done anyways. The highest I want to go is like yours in the picture
Unread 04-09-2013, 05:31 PM   #6
tommudd
2004 KJ Liberty 

Go for aftermarket springs and shocks, stock springs are 310 lb rating front, the ones most all use are 400 lb rating will last much longer
but then going with aftermarket bumpers it starts with the front
then of course you need one for the rear,
then.............................................. .......

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.