"New" Jeep for my daughter, good deal? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KJ Liberty Forum > "New" Jeep for my daughter, good deal?

USA Standard Chromoly Front Axle Shaft Kits with Dana 30 4Warrior Products @ Oconee Off-Road! 706-534-9955Advance Adapters SYE Kits

Unread 10-05-2010, 07:06 AM   #1
LibertyDad
2002 KJ Liberty 

"New" Jeep for my daughter, good deal?

Hello all.

I'm trying to find out which Jeep forum is the most useful, this is #3 I've tried...

This Friday I'm picking up a Black '02 KJ. It's has about 155k miles and I'm paying $4200. Is that a good deal?

There appear to be no mechanical problems, engine is strong and it rides great, there's no rust either. All in all, I'm pleased with the deal and my soon to be 16yr old daughter will be thrilled.

Now, here's a question for you, personalized plates for HER.
My daughter's initials are just that, HER and I thought it would be cool for her first ride to have a personalized plate.

Any great ideas for her first plates?
Here's some of mine:

-HER RIDE
-LIB HER T
-JEEPHER as in Jeeper.....
-HER JEEP but this one is kinda lame/obvious IMO.
-HER 4X4 again kinda obvious but....
-FOR HER

Anyway, I'm really looking forward to playing with this puppy, especially since she doesn't turn 16 till Nov. 30!

LibertyDad is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-05-2010, 09:28 AM   #2
jmichaelsjeep
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Did you try the forum Lostjeeps (used to be LOST KJ's)? That is a great site that was started specifically for the Liberty (KJ)

Anyway Welcome to the Liberty!

As far as personalized plates go, that is what they are, personal... Have you asked HER what she would want? Or is it intended to be a surprise?

With that being said, you know HER best, so I think you should pick what she would like best. BUT, while it is obvious and simple, sometimes that is the most logical solution instead of making it so complicated only you and HER know what something else means. So I'd go with HER JEEP or HER RIDE. I personally don't really much care for the others, but it's not my ride.
Unread 10-05-2010, 10:24 AM   #3
99WJCHRIS
1999 WJ 

If she is into jeeps and knows what KJ means then you could try KJ 4 HER.
Unread 10-05-2010, 12:47 PM   #4
Nashville4x4
1998 ZJ 

I'm personally a fan of Lib Her T
Unread 10-05-2010, 01:43 PM   #5
joelwg
2005 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nashville4x4 View Post
I'm personally a fan of Lib Her T
X2. Almost like the jeep was made for her
joelwg is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-05-2010, 04:26 PM   #6
95BadBoy
2005 TJ Wrangler 

First post - welcome to JF

Price is good.

Wouldn't be a bad idea to do a compression check on the motor before closing on the deal.

LIBHERT is how that most likely will look on the plate, or just go with FROMDAD.

FS or FT (2) JK Rubi 17" Moab Rims - really nice shape
Need JK Rear Spare tire bracket for project
95BadBoy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-05-2010, 05:49 PM   #7
Nashville4x4
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 95BadBoy View Post
First post - welcome to JF

Price is good.

Wouldn't be a bad idea to do a compression check on the motor before closing on the deal.

LIBHERT is how that most likely will look on the plate, or just go with FROMDAD.
Yeah LIBHERT looks kind of wack. If you can get a Y after that T then thats my vote but i have no idea how many characters are possible.
Unread 10-09-2010, 10:17 AM   #8
Turbobearcat
2005 KJ Liberty 

My wife said "-FOR HER"
I agree with "FROMDAD"
Turbobearcat is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-11-2010, 06:24 PM   #9
Hooz

It's funny that I found this post today, because I'm here researching a used Liberty purchase for my soon-to-be 16 daughter as well.
Hooz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-13-2010, 02:57 PM   #10
AndyTee
2002 KJ Liberty 

Well I've been looking for a good Jeep forum and this one looks the best by far, the UK based ones are poor in my opinion with nobody answering queries or requests.

I'm surprised that a 16 year old is allowed to drive a car as its 17 here in the UK but even then very few 17 year olds can afford a car and even less afford to insure it so you have one very very lucky daughter ;-)
AndyTee is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-16-2010, 11:32 PM   #11
IgotJeep

I think that price is bit high. At its most excellent condition, it should only be at around $3800.

If it's the V6 version, it's sure to eat up gas. Hope you are paying her gas as well. If you are, you're an awesome dad.

Let us know how it went.
IgotJeep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-19-2010, 06:04 AM   #12
LibertyDad
2002 KJ Liberty 

She was delighted!

Well last night was sure fun.

Finally got the vehicle all ready, new tires, new front brakes washed AND waxed her up good.

No surprise, she was THRILLED! I haven't seen her this giddy in quite some time so, it was all worth it. Now, she only has a month and 2 weeks until she can drive all by herself!

To answer a few previous posts:
-$3800 would be a steal around here, there are no Jeeps going for less than $4k and I saw an '03 sell at the dealer for $8200.
-Yup it's the V6 and I'll be paying the gas bill, but we're close to school and other activities. Her job is getting A's in school, so if she gets a part-time job, it'll be very limited hours.

-I did signup on Lost Jeeps, thanks!

-License plate I ordered is I AM HER. We're allowed 7 characters and two spaces so I'm hoping that's how it looks, it did online. It might end up being IAM HER which is ok too.

Hooz, let us know what you find, I'll be very curious.
LibertyDad is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.