Need some help!! - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KJ Liberty Forum > Need some help!!

ExtremeTerrain GROUP BUY: Barricade Rear Bumpers/Tire Carr*VOTE NOW Help Metalcloak Giveaway an XJ Suspension*Component speaker deal for your dash - NalinMFG

Unread 06-10-2012, 01:04 PM   #1
DansJeep06
2006 KJ Liberty 

Need some help!!

Hi all! Having some problems with my 06 Jeep Liberty Limited Edition.
The speedometer/odometer stopped working and a bunch of the warning lights are now on on the dash. Took it into the mechanic/dealer and when hooking up to the computer, it won't read so they can't fix it apparently. Everyone keeps telling us maybe its a fuse but I have no idea which one it might be. The manual doesn't say much even in the listing for fuses. Any suggestions or anyone know much about the fuses? Any help would be super helpful!!!!! Thanks!!

DansJeep06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-10-2012, 02:16 PM   #2
moparfreak1809
2006 KJ Liberty 

ok your best bet to start is check your BCM fuses in the car if thats good (there should be two 15 amp BCM fuses that also protect your power opions if its anything like the sport edition i have) then id say check power and gounds at the BCM and the connector(s) goin to the BCM
moparfreak1809 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-10-2012, 05:54 PM   #3
1coopgt
2005 KJ Liberty 

Your mechanic isn't much of a mechanic if he didn't even check the fuses for the BCM . I'd find a new one if I was you . It would only take about 10 to 15 mins to check all the fuses with a circuit tester .
1coopgt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-12-2012, 02:30 PM   #4
moparfreak1809
2006 KJ Liberty 

Woah u talking to me like that u best not be talking to me like that
Unread 06-12-2012, 02:33 PM   #5
tjkj2002
2002 KJ Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by moparfreak1809 View Post
ok your best bet to start is check your BCM fuses in the car if thats good (there should be two 15 amp BCM fuses that also protect your power opions if its anything like the sport edition i have) then id say check power and gounds at the BCM and the connector(s) goin to the BCM
The BCM has nothing to do with not being able to read the can bus system,you need to check the fuse for the data link connector(not listed by itself).
Unread 06-12-2012, 02:48 PM   #6
moparfreak1809
2006 KJ Liberty 

No ur not understanding his problem everything interior is controlled by the bcm and yes you can check fuses but its always best to check power and ground at your main power source

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.