need help, what's 3 bells mean? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KJ Liberty Forum > need help, what's 3 bells mean?

Dan's Old as Dirt Birthday Sale!GEARSHADE Pocket Tops in stock and available at ROCKRIDGE Yukon Ultimate 35 axle kit for c/clip axles with Yukon Zip

Unread 04-12-2010, 06:08 PM   #1
countrygirlie
2007 FSJ Cherokee 

need help, what's 3 bells mean?

i have an 02 liberty and had 3 bells go off as i was driving down the road. i seen somewhere that is he seat belt warning but i had my seat belt on so i know that couldnt be it. does anyone else out there have any idea what it could be. Thanks ahead of time for your help.

countrygirlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-12-2010, 06:11 PM   #2
kennemore_m
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Was there anything in the passanger's seat? If so, the weight could cause the seat belt indicator to go off because it is sensing that someone is sitting there without the seatbelt fastened. Just a thought.
kennemore_m is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-12-2010, 07:36 PM   #3
countrygirlie
2007 FSJ Cherokee 

There was actually some one in the passanger seat and they had there seatbelt on. So still confused.
Unread 04-12-2010, 09:59 PM   #4
LibertyTC
2004 KJ Liberty 

A message should have appeared either in your digital speedometer, or in the overhead EVIC console if you have one.
LibertyTC is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-13-2010, 02:13 AM   #5
2003GCES

Old Man Reminder

The 3 chimes is your turn signal Old Man reminder. You left it on for more than 1 mile. If you have a Evic it says in the display.
2003GCES is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-13-2010, 05:26 AM   #6
countrygirlie
2007 FSJ Cherokee 

Unfortunately nothing showed in my speedometer and I don't have an overhead evic. As for the turn signal that wasn't it cause it was off and I wasn't even 50 from where I turned. Thanks for the attempts to help though
Unread 04-13-2010, 05:56 AM   #7
Renegade_Dragon
2002 KJ Liberty 

Is your washer fluid low?

Cause sometimes when it gets low but not quite low enough, you can set off the chime alert by going down grade (or was it up?). I find it annoying when this happens.
Unread 04-13-2010, 06:04 AM   #8
themadness

i have a 02 lib and to be honest, that sucker chimes for absolutely no reason from time to time. no reason that is obviously present anyway. if it is a mechanical issue it show on speedo or overhead everytime you crank up. may wanna check your backglass when it does it, too. my lifters are weak enough that if accidently hit the button on my remote, it will open but not raise.
themadness is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-13-2010, 06:38 AM   #9
Renegade_Dragon
2002 KJ Liberty 

The hydraulic arms for my rear window recently got to the point where it was doing the same thing.
I'd hit the button to open the window and it would pop open a small amount, but I would physically
have to give it an assist to open it. So a couple of days ago I stopped by Advanced Auto Parts and
purchased two new arms for the window and replaced the old ones.

Now the new arms make a big difference. They were roughly $25.00 apiece, but altogether it was 55.54 with tax
Unread 04-13-2010, 05:59 PM   #10
2003GCES

OK, The 3 things that have more than one chime are Turn Signal Cancel Warning if driven 3.2k OLD LADY WARNING, Over Speed Warning EXPORT & Head/Park/Fog light-on warning. So take your pick..Hope this help...Believe what I say the blind man seen it to....Chris
Unread 04-13-2010, 06:02 PM   #11
2003GCES

Mad, Theres chimes for chimes. No read up on it in the Chimes section 8B of the Repair manaul...Chris
Unread 04-13-2010, 07:31 PM   #12
VoodooMann
2006 KJ Liberty 

Could be TPMS if equipped
VoodooMann is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-14-2010, 07:00 AM   #13
countrygirlie
2007 FSJ Cherokee 

Thanks for all the suggestions people. and yes renegade dragon this is supoer annoying but it turns out it was telling me my coolant levels were off. the one thing i wasnt expecting to happen. just annoyed by nothing showing up on my dash when it happened.
Unread 04-14-2010, 07:42 AM   #14
Renegade_Dragon
2002 KJ Liberty 

Now coolant level is one thing I haven't had the misfortune to encounter with my Renny yet.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.