Need help lifting a 2003 liberty - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KJ Liberty Forum > Need help lifting a 2003 liberty

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitBrand New! Quadratec LED Headlights!FS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 10-16-2011, 09:29 AM   #1
prusm

Need help lifting a 2003 liberty

Hi all,

I am new to this forum but I have seen some pretty cool Libertys already. I recently began to install a Syjacker 2.5" lift on my 2003 Liberty Sport but I ran into some snags. It all start on the front end last weekend when the nuts for the upper ball joints got siezed (even after soaking them with SP3) and and the nuts had to be cut off. I was working on the car at my dads who lives 3 hours away from me so that stopped progress last weekend and he worked on it during the week and borrowed me his 2011 Liberty for the week. So I again came back to work on mine this weekend and buttoned the front end back up and man do I love the new look. We moved onto the back and got the shocks out and pulled the springs but I cannot get the rear end to drop enough so I can drill holes for the rear bump stops and get the new springs in. There is what looks to be a large upper control arm that it preventing the rear end from dropping. This is my first lift and I am only 23 so I know I am new to it and to this point I had been relying on my knowledge and the knowledge of my father who is an ex-mechanic but this has completely stumped us. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

prusm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-16-2011, 12:33 PM   #2
tommudd
2004 KJ Liberty 

Too bad you were not researching lifts first
Skyjackers are rated same as stock will sag soon sorry
the rear will come down just push on it
PM me for more info if needed
you can put a jack in between the frame and LCAs to spread apart if doing by yourself or have someone use a 2/4 to leverage them down some
Unread 10-16-2011, 06:06 PM   #3
LibertyTC
2004 KJ Liberty 

I am so Glad I listened to Tom.
OME 927-948 springs and things are the way to go!
Want to see what I did?
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f28/w...tires-1277549/
LibertyTC is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-16-2011, 08:01 PM   #4
tjkj2002
2002 KJ Liberty 

Un-bolt the rear swaybar and then you will have plenty of room.Then throw away said rear swaybar as it does nothing when it only bolts to the rear LCA's.
Unread 10-26-2011, 03:37 PM   #5
socks
2004 KJ Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by LibertyTC View Post
I am so Glad I listened to Tom.
OME 927-948 springs and things are the way to go!
Want to see what I did?
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f28/w...tires-1277549/
Listened to Tom???

The only reason you bought the lift you have is because you drove our
Frankenlifted KJ Tim and you realized that your suspension was totally bagged out!
Now you have a beautiful mall crawler that never goes off road!

Tags
lift kit , lift kit advice , skyjacker

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.