Need help asap please - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KJ Liberty Forum > Need help asap please

Ruffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!ROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 07-06-2013, 09:26 AM   #1
alia90

Need help asap please

So today i woke up and noticed my front passanger brake hose snapped, and well im not sure how to take it off from the top part. So can anyone tell me how please.

alia90 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-06-2013, 09:33 AM   #2
alia90

I bought the part, and I am ready to replace took off the hose from the caliper part, but cant seem to get it off from the top part connecting to the fluid line. I am not sure how to any help please??
Unread 07-06-2013, 09:41 AM   #3
streetglideok
2005 KJ Liberty 

Because of where you live, and the continual use of sodium chloride on the roads, everything rusts badly there. Getting brake lines loose can be a real bear, and I've had to resort to the careful use of an acetylene torch to make them come loose. I've also had to just replace lines as well. Chryslers were always one of the worst for it IMO.
streetglideok is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-06-2013, 09:49 AM   #4
alia90

well i checked the lines there fine its the brake HOSE that snapped where the brakes are. heres a few pictures.
photo-4-1-.jpg  
photo-2.jpg

photo-3.jpg

photo-1.jpg

photo-4.jpg

Unread 07-06-2013, 09:51 AM   #5
alia90

i wanna no how to disconnect that last part / tube / screw.
Unread 07-06-2013, 10:28 AM   #6
alia90

Bump help pls
Unread 07-06-2013, 11:51 AM   #7
ditch204

The hose should unscrew from the line. Use lots of penetrant and make sure you work the fitting back and forth to release and corrosion. Using a brake line wrench helps a lot by grabbing more of the nut. It kinda wraps around the nut. I just hold the blocky looking part with a vise grip. Jus be careful of to twist the line if it is seized. Hope this helps
ditch204 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-06-2013, 12:12 PM   #8
streetglideok
2005 KJ Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by alia90 View Post
well i checked the lines there fine its the brake HOSE that snapped where the brakes are. heres a few pictures.
I know what you said, but when you are all said and done, you may be forced into replacing the line too, especially if not careful. You need to be using a high quality flare wrench. As said, visegrips for the block that the line threads into. If you get the fitting to come loose, you must be very careful, as the line is likely corroded to the inside of the fitting, causing it to twist as you turn the fitting. If this happens, you will twist the line off. Only recourse with what you have, is to unscrew the hose block off the line, keeping the fitting still. Screw the new hose on, and tighten it the same way. You may have to manipulate the line to get the hose pointed in the right direction. Its a right hand thread, turn it counter clockwise to loosen it.
streetglideok is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.