my key won't turn in my ignition of my jeep liberty - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KJ Liberty Forum > my key won't turn in my ignition of my jeep liberty

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineThe ULTIMATE "Selectable" Locker System! BroughFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 11-01-2010, 06:11 PM   #1
dorimom237
2003 KJ Liberty 

my key won't turn in my ignition of my jeep liberty

i've been having problems with my ignition on my 2003 jeep liberty. now today it got stuck for over an hour. i put my key in an it won't turn forward or back. my shift won't moved to another gear, and my steering wheel is locked and won't unlock. do i need a new ignition? has anyone else had this problem?

dorimom237 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-01-2010, 06:55 PM   #2
fran4001
2003 KJ Liberty 

Have you tried turning the wheel either way and holding it there first, to take some pressure off the steering wheel lock, while turning the key? My Ford pickup did the same thing. Not saying it's the solution, but it may get you out of jams until you can get her looked at.
fran4001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-02-2010, 11:20 AM   #3
jp7794
2006 KJ Liberty 

I had a similar problem it was caused by the "shift interlock cable". You can search here and other jeep KJ forums for info. I actually just disconnected mine. It solved the problem but I have to be careful it doesn't get bumped as it will now shift to any position going down the road. Revers or Park would be BAD thing.
jp7794 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.