my key won't turn in my ignition of my jeep liberty - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 Old 11-01-2010, 06:11 PM Thread Starter
dorimom237
2003 KJ Liberty 

my key won't turn in my ignition of my jeep liberty

i've been having problems with my ignition on my 2003 jeep liberty. now today it got stuck for over an hour. i put my key in an it won't turn forward or back. my shift won't moved to another gear, and my steering wheel is locked and won't unlock. do i need a new ignition? has anyone else had this problem?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 11-01-2010, 06:55 PM
fran4001
2003 KJ Liberty 

Have you tried turning the wheel either way and holding it there first, to take some pressure off the steering wheel lock, while turning the key? My Ford pickup did the same thing. Not saying it's the solution, but it may get you out of jams until you can get her looked at.
post #3 of 3 Old 11-02-2010, 11:20 AM
jp7794
2006 KJ Liberty 

I had a similar problem it was caused by the "shift interlock cable". You can search here and other jeep KJ forums for info. I actually just disconnected mine. It solved the problem but I have to be careful it doesn't get bumped as it will now shift to any position going down the road. Revers or Park would be BAD thing.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.