My jeep is not starting - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 Old 03-20-2014, 08:23 PM Thread Starter
kuslu

My jeep is not starting

Hi everyone i have an issue with my car and i need your help. Yesterday my friend came to pick me up my car was running perfectly he shut down to engine but when we try to start it again it did not start. All the electronics are working so it is not the battery. When i turn the key it is trying to start but it is not ignite. Did anyone of you guys had an issue like this and yes how much did you pay to fix it?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 03-22-2014, 05:53 AM
Billwill
2002 KJ Liberty 

What year/model is your Jeep?
So you say the engine turns over but does not fire?
Do you get a spark?
If you remove the plugs are they wet with gasoline?
Can you hear the fuel pump running?

Are there any warning lights showing on the cluster while turning the engine over?

2002 2.5 Export CRD Manual 5 speed.
post #3 of 3 Old 03-31-2014, 11:29 AM
Littlehorn
2005 KJ Liberty 

Had this problem last month...at 74,000 miles. Luckily stranded at home and not needing a tow.

If the key can be removed it is the part below. If the key cannot be removed it is an ignition shift lock jambing or with a broken cable end.

It sounds like the "Ignition Switch Actuator Pin" broke deep within your steering column. It is easy and cheap to fix. Dealerships demand it requires a new steering column and want about $1000 parts and labor. You can find a Dorman - "Chrysler Ignition Switch Actuator Pin" replacement part for about $30-$40 at Amazon or a local auto parts store like O'Rielly's Auto. You can find a fantastic video posted by Dorman on YouTube about replacing this part with a couple sizes of screw driver bits. It takes about 30 minutes and a 5th grader could do it.

I wonder how many steering columns were bought at stealerships but only the pin part replaced in the shop...?

Littlehorn
LibRen 4x4, New 6/26/2005
Tow pkg & armor. No cheesy roof lights
Added EVIC-Want lift

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.