My Jeep Liberty...And the story behind it... - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KJ Liberty Forum > My Jeep Liberty...And the story behind it...

Black Friday Sale - Deep Discounts from ExtremeTerrain.com6th Annual, Beat Your Wife to the Credit Card Sale!FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome Effect

Unread 04-04-2005, 07:30 AM   #1
cadillactaste

My Jeep Liberty...And the story behind it...

As with most of you Liberty owners...You must LOVE the "look" of your JEEP! I got mine as a suprise...You see my husband and I had been talking of what style 4x4 SUV I would want to get in a year or two. For where we live...My car sometimes just wouldn't get out of our driveway. And thus I was unable to rely on it to make it to the bus stop in the winter months. Which wasn't an issue with our neighbor children all riding the late bus.(And them having 4x4's they would just pick him up.)

But in two years that would not be the case any longer and I would HAVE to get to the bus stop.( A friend of ours I noticed at church one sunday had pulled up beside us and parked. The Liberty was about the same length as my car. And I Thought it a CUTE Jeep!) So we had been discussing what style I may wish to get. Then I was sooo SMITTEN over the looks of my friends Liberty! And...Said to my husband...In two years...I want a Jeep Liberty. (My car being paid off...And only a 1999 I felt I could still keep it for a year or two...)

He would tease me...And say...I think you need a Ford Expedition...NOT! Those things are HUGE! And he would joke about other 4x4's and left my Liberty out. Not realising he was already searching for me a Jeep Liberty!

One day...I had a lot to do...And he made some LAME excuse as to why I needed to pick him up. (Jed our employee's wife had broken down. And since he rode with my husband. Was taking my husbands truck to go get her and try and get the car running.)

So I pick him up...And he is a general contractor. And said...He needed to stop and see Paul. (Mind you I had heard earlier that week. Him talking to a "Paul". So I thought nothing about it.) We pulled into a Chrysler dealership. And he said...I'll be right back...Paul works here...And I need to make sure before I order something that it's what he wanted. (Not thinking anything odd about it...I sat in the car. Thinking...When he gets back...Maybe I'll go take a peek at one of them Liberty's on the lot! For my preschooler had fallen asleep.)

He gets back and tells my older son to unbuckle himself. That we were going in to meet Paul. I was frustrated! My munchkin was asleep...I didn't want to wake him. And said as much to my husband. Where I got his response...PAUL WANTS TO MEET YOU ALL...AND IT'S A BIG JOB...DON'T MAKE A SCENE PLEASE! So I get out and walk into the place...And some lucky duck was getting a New Jeep Liberty...The color I wanted and all...It had a big bow on the grill...And a rose on the hood with a sign that said "a gift for you".

So after my distraction of the Jeep. I looked around to meet Paul. A little embarressed at my juvenille behavior of thinking. When I looked at my husband...And said..."Where is Paul?" And he stretched out his arm at the Jeep...And said..."I would like to introduce you to Paul!" PAUL WAS MY NEW JEEP LIBERTY!

I had never driven a Jeep Liberty or any 4x4 SUV's yet...And inside the small building it looked like a dinosaur! I was nervous...But totally EXCITED! The sales person was relieved that I didn't bulk at my new Jeep. For my car was already signed over to them...And the dotted lines all signed...We owned that Jeep!

So...I have now owned my Jeep since October of 2004. And must say...I was nervous driving still in the winter. And told my husband that if the roads were bad. I wouldn't be driving our son to preschool. LOL! Now knowing how well it handles...I have driven my Jeep on roads not even plowed yet and covered in snow! It "glides" across unplowed roads...I LOVE THE CONFIDENCE I HAVE BEHIND THE WHEEL!

And never again will I own anything else! Come on...Let's face it...If you drive a Jeep Liberty...Even though they are more common around where I live...They turn heads!

And after getting my new Jeep...I have lost 45 lbs...I think my liberty has helped me with that weight loss...Silly?...Maybe...But I wanted to look my best behind the wheel of my Jeep. I weigh under what the doctor suggested for me to weigh...And I feel GREAT! And...I think of excusses...To drive my Jeep. Even this winter when there was no school...And the roads were bad. (Not that I drove around with my kids. My husband was sick with Pneumonia) I would run into town a good 8 miles one way. To pick him up a news paper...Or a bag of skittles...(Knowing full well my son had some in his stash) Just to drive it...

I want to get a tire cover that says "girls have to have their toys too" with a winking smiley face...Though my husband is afraid of my proudly announcing a woman drives the Jeep. For when I go shopping to the mall...(A sitting duck to pray) So I haven't gotten a tire cover yet...I mean...I see his point...But also think most women drive Libertys...I wish this site did a poll on women verses men whom drive libertys...So I might be able to use it on my behalf to show my husband I can get that tire cover.

Well...Just thought to share my "story" of how I got my Jeep...And...It wasn't for a special occassion. I was asked by many there and afterwards...Was it your birthday,anniversary? NOPE! Just a day out of the blue...(My husband spoils me...What else can I say?)

cadillactaste is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-04-2005, 07:49 AM   #2
&liberty4all

At&t

I sure would hate to see your phone bill! Enjoy that liberty and keep a close eye your ol'man he is up to something!

Last edited by &liberty4all; 04-04-2005 at 11:32 AM..
&liberty4all is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-04-2005, 08:24 AM   #3
CunningLinguist

I drove liberty once. Nice little cars. They look great with the new rough country 3" lift and 30x11.5" tires!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dope Schemes
By all means enjoy Halo 2.5 but for those with cerebral development beyond that of a spider monkey, pick up Bioshock, you won't regret it.
CunningLinguist is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-04-2005, 09:00 AM   #4
&liberty4all

Hum.

Cunninglingquist, are they tring to say after eating beaver, have a mentos?http://www.mentos.com/mentossite/

Last edited by &liberty4all; 04-04-2005 at 11:21 AM..
&liberty4all is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-04-2005, 11:14 AM   #5
gdhumormn17

Congrats on the libby, sweet story, talk about brownie points haha
Patriot Blue Metallic
Added: Limited Made spare Tire Cover
V6 Auto
Part Time 4 wheel drive
All Wheel Discs
ABS
Lost Member #000655
gdhumormn17 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-04-2005, 01:47 PM   #6
cadillactaste

Quote:
Originally Posted by gdhumormn17
Congrats on the libby, sweet story, talk about brownie points haha
Thanks...As for brownie points...My husband as a theory on brownie points...

Buying wife a new Jeep~5 points

Putting ones foot in ones mouth~ Negative 6 points (Notice he never gets ahead)
Unread 04-04-2005, 01:50 PM   #7
cadillactaste

Quote:
Originally Posted by &liberty4all
I sure would hate to see your phone bill! Enjoy that liberty and keep a close eye your ol'man he is up to something!
As you can see...I type rather fast...And don't realise the "long winded" postings...

But I do LOVE my Liberty!
Unread 04-04-2005, 01:52 PM   #8
cadillactaste

Quote:
Originally Posted by CunningLinguist
I drove liberty once. Nice little cars. They look great with the new rough country 3" lift and 30x11.5" tires!
Embarresed to say...I know little about Jeeps...Other than if it looks good I have to have one.

Though are these accessories for a Jeep Liberty? If so...Should it make my husband worry a bit that I found this forum? Tehehehe If I can only improve my Jeep I am all over it!
Unread 04-04-2005, 08:16 PM   #9
ozzysjeep

That's a nice story Cadi. If you want to meet other Liberty owners and learn more about about the capabilities, accessories and KJ world take a look around L.O.S.T.
also known as www.kjjeep.com See ya over there.
ozzysjeep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-05-2005, 06:57 AM   #10
cadillactaste

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozzysjeep
That's a nice story Cadi. If you want to meet other Liberty owners and learn more about about the capabilities, accessories and KJ world take a look around L.O.S.T.
also known as www.kjjeep.com See ya over there.
Thanks! I'll have to meet up with you all over there...I so LOVE my Liberty...But I want to spice it a bit...Where I live there are TONS of Liberty's around...And I still get heads turning to see it. But I want to stand out from the rest around here...My husband is all for it! So why not eh?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.