Much difference between Wrangler ST and SR-A?? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KJ Liberty Forum > Much difference between Wrangler ST and SR-A??

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineToxic Brakes - 3000 PSI Braided Stainless Steel Brake LineCess Recovery Gear Snatch Tow Strap OffRoad @ ROCKRIDGE4WD

Unread 02-20-2005, 05:37 PM   #1
Monstermile

Much difference between Wrangler ST and SR-A??

I'm pretty much not happy with the traction on the stock Wrangler ST's. I went to a local Goodyear dealership to see about trading up. He suggested a few but no sizes were available except the Wrangler SR-A. He is going to give me $75 each credit on my ST's because of the low mileage. Question is will I see much difference in traction between the two?? I would really like to get some BFG AT's or Bridgestone Duelers, but I can't really afford the full price of new rubber right now. That is the only reason I am considering these. Unless it would be a worthless swap.

Monstermile is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-21-2005, 07:08 AM   #2
flyingpylon

I am by no means a tire expert, but I drove a Liberty with SR-As for a couple of weeks prior to getting my current Liberty which just has the STs. There's definitely a difference in feel... the SR-As just feel "bigger" and perhaps just a little "rougher" and I think they bounce a little more. But all of that should be expected as they are all-terrain tires.

For what it's worth, I decided not to upgrade to the SR-As because a lot of people give them bad reviews. I figured, if I want to upgrade the tires later anyway, why pay the (approx $229) difference to get the SR-As which I may not even like? I'll probably stick with the STs for a while until I build up enough "political capital" with my wife and then get one of the other brands you've mentioned. People seem to like both of them a lot.
Husky Liners F/R, Mopar Cargo Tray, Cargo Cover, Tire Cover, etc.
[/SIZE][/FONT]
flyingpylon is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.