motor trouble - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KJ Liberty Forum > motor trouble

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineG2 Disc Brake Conversion Kit for Jeep Wrangler YJ TJ LJ ChRough Country Jeep Suspension Deals at Rockridge 4WD!

Unread 03-24-2002, 09:03 AM   #1
salem

motor trouble

has anybody had trouble with the 3.7L and the timing chain tensioners and guids. Also the trany pump seals. I have 2 2002's at work right now with these problems and they do not even have 5000km/3000miles on them. Is this just the ones that I have been seeing or is this new engine design just a peice a of junk. I do not no why its the design because it is supposed to be identical to that of the 4.7L used in the trucks and Grand Cherokee. Any possible help or imput would be muchly appritaited.

salem is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-28-2002, 12:42 AM   #2
Liberty_One

I have 10,000 miles on my Liberty and have not had a single problem. This is the first I have heard of any problems, especially with seals. One thing the DC did with the Liberty is use top quality high pressure seals and gaskets to add reliability and strength to an already awsome machine. I hope everything goes good for you on this issue. Good Luck.
Liberty_One is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.