Mopar OEM Subwoofer - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KJ Liberty Forum > Mopar OEM Subwoofer

New Product Release: Flowmaster Force II Dual Tailpipe AxlNew Product Release: Flowmaster Force II Dual Tailpipe AxlUSA Made JK Rear Axles!!! Revolution Gear and Axle

Unread 11-12-2013, 10:36 PM   #1
02jeepliberty

Mopar OEM Subwoofer

What are your thoughts on the OEM subwoofer that goes under the seat? It will be used with the regular, NON infinity system. I'm not looking for anything too fancy, and yes I know there are better things and more options out there. I just want to know what you all think about this, and if it's worth it. Thanks!

02jeepliberty is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-15-2013, 07:33 PM   #2
Bnova
2006 KJ Liberty 

Damn! Hard to believe not one reply, I didn't get any response on my sound system post either.
Bnova is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-15-2013, 11:49 PM   #3
profdlp
2007 KJ Liberty 

I have had my Liberty for only six months now, but my impression is that:

a) People who want to add a subwoofer generally are audiophiles who want something better than the OEM one
b) People who are happy with OEM stuff generally wouldn't bother with a subwoofer at all
c) The main advantage is the custom-fit box it comes in which makes for a cleaner install. That's not enough to sway the audiophiles who will put up with all sorts of modifications in order to get better sound, and not enough of an improvement to make those who care more about custom fit than sound to bother.

To be honest and fair, I've never personally heard a system with the OEM subwoofer, so this is based solely on secondhand comments I have come across while researching the subject myself.

(Ain't much help, am I?)
profdlp is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-19-2013, 08:03 PM   #4
olliehopnoodle
1982 FSJ Cherokee 

It seems like a great place for a sub. I checked on some sites a while ago for other options for under the seat and they are pretty limited/non-existent.
A custom underseat enclosure with an amp is probably not a super hard thing to have a decent shop put together for ya.
82 Cherokee WT - SOA/SF/agr box/Borgeson ujoint steering shaft/401/performer/holley TA/HEI/BeCool/727/np208/d44(aussie)/amc20(ARB)/BFG 35X12.5/Corbeau Moab Seats/RCI 6point Harness,Hella Aux lights/tuffy console/killer32 slider bars/custom bumpers and roll bar/Alpine head unit/amps/speakers 2002 Liberty Limited Early edition - Basically stock
olliehopnoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-19-2013, 08:11 PM   #5
02jeepliberty

Quote:
Originally Posted by olliehopnoodle
It seems like a great place for a sub. I checked on some sites a while ago for other options for under the seat and they are pretty limited/non-existent.
A custom underseat enclosure with an amp is probably not a super hard thing to have a decent shop put together for ya.
So what do you think about the Moore one itself? Do you think it is decent quality?
02jeepliberty is online now   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.