Monroe or moog quick strut - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KJ Liberty Forum > Monroe or moog quick strut

The Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!Safety Thimble FairleadsEngo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shipp

Unread 09-04-2013, 08:54 PM   #1
Frank82
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Monroe or moog quick strut

Hello. My wife's 2006 Liberty (4x4) has 108k. All the suspension is factory original. The car does not handle well and I want to install new quick struts in front and springs and shocks in the back. Who makes the better quick strut Moog or Monroe. The Moogs are $25 a strut more expensive than the Monroe from Rock Auto. The car is her daily driver and I drive it in the winter to CO for ski trips. I take the car off road sometimes but not much. Nothing serious. I want to retain the stock ride height and handling. Your thoughts?? Also, anything else I should change while the front end is apart?? Thanks again

Frank82 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-04-2013, 09:46 PM   #2
streetglideok
2005 KJ Liberty 

Welcome to the board first off. I really can't say who is better. Monroe would have the sensatrac technology, Moog I can't say what they use. Could be reboxed product from Monroe for all I know. Decent enough quality, but as will be pointed out the springs will sag again, etc. May consider going with higher quality shocks all the way around, and better springs. It just so happens it may lift it some too,lol. I can bet I'll be backed on this when I say Bilstein makes really good shock and strut products, and if it wasn't for the fact that you need springs I would suggest going that way.
streetglideok is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-11-2013, 10:58 PM   #3
Renegaderader
2003 KJ Liberty 

I wondered the same. But I think in the end Monroe is the way I'm going. It will save a few dollars and have like new ride characteristics again. When it comes to suspension parts like sway bar end links and such, I'll always spend extra for Moog parts. Totally overbuilt and regreaseable etc. The Monroe quickstruts are going to work great and ride like new and you saved yourself $50 for new Moog swaybar endlinks when those wear out.

Rockauto seemed to have the best prices for front strutpacks that I've found yet.
Renegaderader is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-12-2013, 06:57 AM   #4
tommudd
2004 KJ Liberty 

Pretty much just getting stock back on it, guess it will work but I wonder why? I always try and upgrade suspension parts so it will ride and handle better than new
Unread 09-16-2013, 08:11 PM   #5
Frank82
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Well I went with Monroe. Put the quick struts on the front and new shocks on the rear (Monroe Sensatrack). Also put four Michelin LTX/MS2 tires on. Had to go a little bigger than stock--235/70/17. Amazing difference. BTW Amazon had the quick struts cheaper than Rock Auto and free shipping
Frank82 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-22-2013, 01:46 PM   #6
AVR2
Web Wheeler
1993 ZJ 

Do the Quick-Struts really swap in as fast as Monroe demonstrates on their YT channel, i.e. about 5 minutes?
AVR2 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-22-2013, 01:47 PM   #7
tommudd
2004 KJ Liberty 

Not quite
Unread 09-22-2013, 10:24 PM   #8
AVR2
Web Wheeler
1993 ZJ 

So what are the issues with installing them on the KJ?
AVR2 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-22-2013, 11:27 PM   #9
tommudd
2004 KJ Liberty 

Not any real issues just takes longer than 5 minutes

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.