Mobile 1 Oil Change Intervals - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KJ Liberty Forum > Mobile 1 Oil Change Intervals

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valueComponent speaker deal for your dash - NalinMFG

Unread 04-04-2013, 06:48 PM   #16
texan2
1978 CJ5 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjkj2002 View Post
100% highway driving that maybe okay but not for your daily driver.Plus 0w-30 is not a good choice for the KJ's 3.7 as it will burn it and you'll be dry before 5k.Plus amsoil,well most of there oils,are not even certified to be run in our engines or any other engine.
It does great on my daily drivers, as well as dozens of vehicles, including Jeeps, that I have owned. I manage a police fleet that has cars that idle all day long and follow that schedule. Since the switch to this oil and change interval there have been zero oil related issues.
The Texas Highway Patrol owns thousands of patrol cars and follows this schedule with Amsoil and their number of engine issues has dropped dramatically.
I don't own a 3.7, but I do have a 4.2, a 3.8 and a 3.6 and they all do great on this oil change interval.
I don't want to hijack the thread but do some research on why Amsoil is not "certified". They refuse to cave to certain demands of those who do the "certifying". The fact is that it far exceeds all domestic and foreign car makers requirements.
I am quite certain that if you drive some dino oil 5k miles and some Amsoil (or several other high grade synthetics) the same 5k miles and do an analysis you will see a world of difference in your results.

I have done this on several different vehicles and was amazed.

The 5k oil change is a myth of companies that sell oil. Science backs the 20k oil change for anyone willing to examine the subject with an open mind.

Disclaimer: I don't sell, or have any interest in Amsoil, but their product has proven itself for decades.

texan2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-04-2013, 06:58 PM   #17
Stud_man50
2005 TJ Wrangler 

I change my Mobil 1 every 8-9,000 miles with a Mobil 1 filter and when the mechanic was helping me install my rear main seal at 80,000 when the pan was off he said it was one of the cleanest he's ever seen. I've never had any other problems so i'm going to keep the same schedule.
Stud_man50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-04-2013, 07:44 PM   #18
tjkj2002
2002 KJ Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2 View Post
It does great on my daily drivers, as well as dozens of vehicles, including Jeeps, that I have owned. I manage a police fleet that has cars that idle all day long and follow that schedule. Since the switch to this oil and change interval there have been zero oil related issues.
The Texas Highway Patrol owns thousands of patrol cars and follows this schedule with Amsoil and their number of engine issues has dropped dramatically.
I don't own a 3.7, but I do have a 4.2, a 3.8 and a 3.6 and they all do great on this oil change interval.
I don't want to hijack the thread but do some research on why Amsoil is not "certified". They refuse to cave to certain demands of those who do the "certifying". The fact is that it far exceeds all domestic and foreign car makers requirements.
I am quite certain that if you drive some dino oil 5k miles and some Amsoil (or several other high grade synthetics) the same 5k miles and do an analysis you will see a world of difference in your results.

I have done this on several different vehicles and was amazed.

The 5k oil change is a myth of companies that sell oil. Science backs the 20k oil change for anyone willing to examine the subject with an open mind.

Disclaimer: I don't sell, or have any interest in Amsoil, but their product has proven itself for decades.
No you are involved with them,or really gulable, as you are repeating there sales pitch right from there book.OCI's are set by the manufacturer which have no ties with the oil companies.I can tell you some good stories about amsoil and why not to use it but the mods will lock the thread anyway eitherway.

Doubt you even really maintain a fleet since a police force will not use expensive oil,it's the cheapest they can contract for since there budget is paid for by taxpayers and they have public records for all to view.
Unread 04-04-2013, 08:04 PM   #19
texan2
1978 CJ5 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjkj2002 View Post
No you are involved with them,or really gulable, as you are repeating there sales pitch right from there book.OCI's are set by the manufacturer which have no ties with the oil companies.I can tell you some good stories about amsoil and why not to use it but the mods will lock the thread anyway eitherway.

Doubt you even really maintain a fleet since a police force will not use expensive oil,it's the cheapest they can contract for since there budget is paid for by taxpayers and they have public records for all to view.
Actually I am a small town police chief in south Texas, and in that position am charged with fleet purchases and upkeep, and have no ties to Amsoil, although we actually DO and HAVE used Amsoil for years.
Extended interval changes are cheaper per annum, thus another reason we opted to go that route. I am not sure what public records have to do with what oil we use. (and its "their" not "there") Public entities do not, and are not, required to buy the cheapest product available (if that is what you are implying)

Doubt whatever you wish. I am merely sharing my experiences, both personal and professional and that of thousands of other drivers.
Unread 04-04-2013, 08:33 PM   #20
95BadBoy
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Gents

Oil debates will go on forever. Always do. Lets not take this one in that direction. "Hint"

FS or FT (2) JK Rubi 17" Moab Rims - really nice shape
Need JK Rear Spare tire bracket for project
95BadBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-04-2013, 08:47 PM   #21
texan2
1978 CJ5 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 95BadBoy View Post
Gents

Oil debates will go on forever. Always do. Lets not take this one in that direction. "Hint"

Understood
Unread 06-10-2013, 09:55 AM   #22
Can-Am
2013 JK Wrangler 

Slightly off topic , how much oil will I need to do an oil and filter change on my kids 2004 Liberty ? Many thanks ........ Doug
Can-Am is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-10-2013, 10:25 AM   #23
tommudd
2004 KJ Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Can-Am View Post
Slightly off topic , how much oil will I need to do an oil and filter change on my kids 2004 Liberty ? Many thanks ........ Doug
5 quarts
Unread 06-14-2013, 08:45 PM   #24
DarkSport11
2011 KK Liberty 

Castrol Edge 10w30 and a Wix filter every 5,000 in all of my vehicles.
DarkSport11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-14-2013, 09:03 PM   #25
streetglideok
Web Wheeler
2005 KJ Liberty 

10w30 is really too thick for an overhead cam engine to run. The cams are running on bare aluminum in the head, and the only protection is the oil. You want oil that will get up to the head as quick as possible, and for that, 5w30 is what the engineers wanted. No, NY does not really have extreme heat. I ran 5w20 in the wife's car year round in Oklahoma heat, which is much harder on things. Newer engines are also much more intolerant with varying from recommended items. A few folks learned the hard way that you can't run too thick of oil in a current production hemi. Plenty of valve damage problems related to it.

I run a wix oil filter, Mobil 1 5w30 every 5k. Reality is, if I had oil samples taken, I could likely extend it.
streetglideok is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.