Marvel Mystery Oil? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KJ Liberty Forum > Marvel Mystery Oil?

ANOTHER Rockridge4wd Creation!! Spare Tire Carrier Delete The Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!Even Better Heim Pricing! From Ruffstuff

Unread 09-01-2013, 11:30 PM   #1
Jgrana
2002 KJ Liberty 

Marvel Mystery Oil?

tomorrow im doing an oil change, do you think it will benefit putting it in with my new oil. will it clean the engine and make it more efficient whats your guys opinion on it and would you put it in your engine?

2002 Liberty Limited 3.7
Jgrana is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-02-2013, 07:11 AM   #2
tommudd
2004 KJ Liberty 

Some swear by it
myself I think oil today has enough stuff in it to maintain an engine
I've never used it and run all of my engines up into the high 200,000 and even some into 325,000-350,000 and only use regular oil and change it every 3000 miles
Unread 09-02-2013, 10:10 PM   #3
oilbuner

2006 KJ Liberty 

It still remains a "Mystery"
Unread 09-03-2013, 12:18 AM   #4
profdlp
2007 KJ Liberty 

I will occasionally use an oil additive as a last-ditch alternative if the vehicle is on it's last legs and I don't intend to put any significant amount of money into repairs. If the thing runs right, I don't use them. If it's having problems and is worth fixing, I have it fixed. Most manufacturers these days advise against them.

Personally, I take the money I save and put it into more frequent routine maintenance.
profdlp is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-03-2013, 08:46 AM   #5
DaveJKJ
2005 KJ Liberty 

"Mystery Oil"......yeah, it's a "mystery" why you need it.

Just use a name brand oil and don't add anything else and do routine changes. Any quality name brand oil whichever is your favorite should be fine. They all have additives.
War Veterans Jeep Group #31
Black Jeep Society #217
DaveJKJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-03-2013, 09:51 AM   #6
Jgrana
2002 KJ Liberty 

I just did an oil change yesterday I put in pennzoil platinum high miles, I also put in a Bosch oil filter

2002 Liberty Limited 3.7
Jgrana is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Tags
fuel , fuel efficiency , oil change

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.