Maintenance on a 2007 KJ - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KJ Liberty Forum > Maintenance on a 2007 KJ

ZONE 4.25" combo lift for TJ available at Rockridge4wRough Country Lift Kits and Parts!Warrior Products @ Oconee Off-Road! 706-534-9955

Unread 06-05-2014, 10:14 PM   #1
psmask01
2005 WK 

Hey everyone, i have just a few basic dumb questions. All apologies I am a WK owner myself. Im fixing to do some across the board preventative maintenance on my girlfriends 07 KJ this weekend. I plan to drain/change Tcase and front rear diff fluids, new plugs, air filter, replace pcv valve, and planned on at least topping off the tranny fluid. My questions are
1) atf+4 good for the tcase? mine takes the mopar mv245/247/249
2) I was gonna use 75w-140 for both diff's (same as my WK) she may tow 1500-2000lbs 3-4x a year. will that be ok?
3) any plug recommendations? was just going to go autolite platinums
4) after reading up on the 2007 models, apparently PCV valve is not where manual states (different than 02-06) and dealer/auto parts store try to sell the wrong part. Do i just tell them i need one for a KK?
5) whats the deal with the no tranny dipstick?? any cheater ways to check?
6) any overall tips or things to look out for? this will be my first time ever touching a liberty!
Thanks guys sorry as I know some of these questions have been answered on here but seem to be conflicting. BTW it is an 07 with 88k miles 4x4 (selectrac i believe)

psmask01 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-06-2014, 05:05 AM   #2
tjkj2002
2002 KJ Liberty 

1) atf+4 good for the tcase? mine takes the mopar mv245/247/249 ---Yes ATF+4
2) I was gonna use 75w-140 for both diff's (same as my WK) she may tow 1500-2000lbs 3-4x a year. will that be ok? 80w-90 or 85w-140 non-syn is better for your diffs
3) any plug recommendations? was just going to go autolite platinums --Only use copper core plugs,same plugs required by your 4.7
4) after reading up on the 2007 models, apparently PCV valve is not where manual states (different than 02-06) and dealer/auto parts store try to sell the wrong part. Do i just tell them i need one for a KK?--That should work
5) whats the deal with the no tranny dipstick?? any cheater ways to check? --Yes but requires a high end scanner to read the trans temp,a chart,and the special dipstick to correctly read the level
Unread 06-06-2014, 11:36 AM   #3
psmask01
2005 WK 

Ok great thanks. Im glad I didnt go spend the money for that gear oil!

Last edited by psmask01; 06-06-2014 at 08:56 PM..
psmask01 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.