lowash warning - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KJ Liberty Forum > lowash warning

Rockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits Rough Country Jeep Suspension Deals at Rockridge 4WD!Looking to re-gear?! CRAZY DEALS ON YUKON GEARS right here

Unread 07-19-2013, 04:29 PM   #1
bcupac53
2002 KJ Liberty 

lowash warning

hello all, hope all is well in jeep land,
have a 2002 jeep liberty limited 4x4, the windshield washer pump went out, changed it out, now I have a lowash warning light in my trip odometer, how do I get rid of the warning? thanks in advance for any help.

bcupac53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-19-2013, 06:30 PM   #2
Bain98xj
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Is it possible that you unplugged the level sensor and didnt plug it back it. Or did you leave the tank empty
Bain98xj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-19-2013, 10:53 PM   #3
bcupac53
2002 KJ Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bain98xj View Post
Is it possible that you unplugged the level sensor and didnt plug it back it. Or did you leave the tank empty
no, the tank is not dry, put almost a good half bottle of washer mix in it, and thought I plugged everything back in, the washers work, did I miss a plug somewhere? let me know please, thanks
bcupac53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-20-2013, 01:44 AM   #4
Billwill
2002 KJ Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcupac53 View Post
no, the tank is not dry, put almost a good half bottle of washer mix in it, and thought I plugged everything back in, the washers work, did I miss a plug somewhere? let me know please, thanks

The water level sensor inside the tank is a hinged arrangement.....there is a float with a magnet attached to it that rests on another section with a reed switch when the water is empty....I think it is a reed switch, may be a Hall Effect Transistor....works the same.

When there is sufficient water present, the magnet lifts off the reed switch.

Check your connections or else pull out the sensor assembly to see if it is in order.

My float section fell off and floated to the top of the tank where I retrieved it.

I have not yet gotten around to put it back in place so now everything works fine but the water bottle does not sense when it has run out of water.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.