A lot better today - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KJ Liberty Forum > A lot better today

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineYear End Clearance Sale! Save 20%NEW!! HMF 50"-52" light bar mounting brackets!!

Unread 07-20-2004, 07:32 AM   #1
4Factor

A lot better today

After yesterday's disappointment (here) I'm feeling much better about things today.

I went to a dealer across town and asked the receptionist for any sales rep that was interested in finding me the vehicle I wanted (3 sales guys standing right beside her). One turned, introduced himself, I showed him my list of exactly what I wanted and where to find it (BC) and he instantly whisked me away to his desk. Long story short, I got the vehicle I wanted with the options I wanted and was back out the door in about 20 mins. I'll talk numbers with them tonight, after they get all the details, but at least I know the vehicle exists and is being held for me. The sales guy immediately phoned and secured it... we REALLY only found one and he didn't want it to get away! The kicker of it was I didn't have to get one of the ones from BC after all, he found one within the province.
I guess the reason why the other dealer didn't find it was due to the 17" chrome wheels. This dealer was willing to bring in the car and swap the 17's off of it and give me the 16's that I wanted from another Limited on their lot.
I can't say that I got it all perfect, I kind of wanted the taupe/slate interior but had to settle for taupe/taupe interior (I did tell both dealers the interior wasn't that important). So if things go well, maybe in a couple weeks I'll get this Liberty after all.
I started talking numbers, but he said to wait until tomorrow night (tonight). What little feedback I got wasn't sounding cheap enough, but I think I can bend them to my will! (fingers crossed)

Last edited by 4Factor; 07-20-2004 at 08:06 AM..
4Factor is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-20-2004, 08:08 AM   #2
Jeep-R-Roo14

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Factor
After yesterday's disappointment (here) I'm feeling much better about things today.

I went to a dealer across town and asked the receptionist for any sales rep that was interested in finding me the vehicle I wanted (3 sales guys standing right beside her). One turned, introduced himself, I showed him my list of exactly what I wanted and where to find it (BC) and he instantly whisked me away to his desk. Long story short, I got the vehicle I wanted with the options I wanted and was back out the door in about 20 mins. I'll talk numbers with them tonight, after they get all the details, but at least I know the vehicle exists and is being held for me. The sales guy immediately phoned and secured it... we REALLY only found one and he didn't want it to get away! The kicker of it was I didn't have to get one of the ones from BC after all, he found one within the province.
I guess the reason why the other dealer didn't find it was due to the 17" chrome wheels. This dealer was willing to bring in the car and swap the 17's off of it and give me the 16's that I wanted from another Limited on their lot.
I can't say that I got it all perfect, I kind of wanted the taupe/slate interior but had to settle for taupe/taupe interior (I did tell both dealers the interior wasn't that important). So if things go well, maybe in a couple weeks I'll get this Liberty after all.
I started talking numbers, but he said to wait until tomorrow night (tonight). What little feedback I got wasn't sounding cheap enough, but I think I can bend them to my will! (fingers crossed)

Sounds Great!! Let us know how things turn out!
Jeep-R-Roo14 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-20-2004, 01:05 PM   #3
4Factor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeep-R-Roo14
Sounds Great!! Let us know how things turn out!
Just got a call. The sales guy just re-inforcing that the vehicle was being held under my name, and with a credit card number (just as backing... showing that I'm REALLY ready to do business) they would start the process of getting it shipped to the local dealer. One catch... they want to deliver it a week earlier than I asked!! I was trying to be reasonable with my time-frame and asked if they could get it to me by Aug. 5/6th. Obviously they wanted it over and done by next Friday...WOOHOO...where do I sign
Unread 07-20-2004, 03:01 PM   #4
Jeep-R-Roo14

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Factor
Just got a call. The sales guy just re-inforcing that the vehicle was being held under my name, and with a credit card number (just as backing... showing that I'm REALLY ready to do business) they would start the process of getting it shipped to the local dealer. One catch... they want to deliver it a week earlier than I asked!! I was trying to be reasonable with my time-frame and asked if they could get it to me by Aug. 5/6th. Obviously they wanted it over and done by next Friday...WOOHOO...where do I sign

Sounds like they really want to get this over and done with, just like you said. Looking forward to more news, and some pics if possible. GOOD LUCK!!
Unread 07-21-2004, 08:31 AM   #5
4Factor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeep-R-Roo14
Sounds like they really want to get this over and done with, just like you said. Looking forward to more news, and some pics if possible. GOOD LUCK!!
Went to the first dealership last night to cancel the deal (since they couldn't find... or were unwilling to find... what I wanted). My sales rep greets me and I said
"I'm sorry to say but I'm going to have to cancel the deal. I'll have to sit back and decide where we want to go from here, but I'd like this one cancelled for now." (the key here is to verbally say "cancel the deal"... more on this later).

After running back and forth to the sales manager 3 times, they tried to convince me of everything from buying the black one, to leaving the $500 deposit on a 2005 model and they'll order it exactly how I want. I declined all offers and asked just to put the $500 back on the credit card and that would be fine. So my rep makes one more trip to the manager and comes back and informs me I'll have to make an appointment with the sales manager TOMORROW to get my money back. I asked again for my $500 and asked for the voided cheque (for pre-authorized debts of my account). He goes away one more time, comes back and hands me the cheque and says just call in tomorrow and ask for the sales manager and make an appointment. I stood there for a while and looked at him in disbelief and he said I'm sorry there's nothing more I can do for you so I paused a bit more and walked out.

So I rush over to the other dealer and explain the situation (I hadn't told him anything about this other dealer until this point). He says that we likely have to hold off on doing business until it gets straightened out. All sales reps have to belong to some Association and the association strictly forbids any rep from selling a vehicle to a customer while they are currently engaged in a contract for the same vehicle elsewhere. I understand why the rule is in place.. it's so sales reps from one dealership don't actively pursue customers of other dealerships in an effort to undercut them. So my rep (from the 2nd dealership) goes and asks his manager what to do. The manager said that as long as I verbally told them "I want to cancel this deal" then that deal is cancelled, whether they're holding my money (for ransom) or not. So without even knowing I made the correct statement and had the right approach when cancelling the deal at the first dealership (who'd of known??).

So to be nice on my credit situation, the 2nd dealer said he'll just take the minimum deposit of $300 (instead of the typical $500) so that I don't have so much pre-authorized stuff outstanding. The only thing I didn't care for is they'll be driving the vehicle from it's current place to the dealership (rather than using a car carrier) So It'll have about 600-700 kms on the odometer by the time I get it. And just like Steven73 mentioned in the other thread, they gave me the line "we hire old white haired retired guys to drive them"... said EXACTLY like that. Must be something the sales guys are told to say

Here's something neat though... the finance manager at the 2nd dealership will be buying a CRD when they arrive. They live in the country, her husband owns a trucking company and they have a huge diesel storage tank on their property (for the trucks) so she's getting the CRD so she doesn't ever have to run to the gas station again.. she'll just fill up at home! Now ain't that a cool idea!

Last edited by 4Factor; 07-21-2004 at 08:56 AM..
Unread 07-21-2004, 02:49 PM   #6
Jeep-R-Roo14

I sent you a PM.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.