Looking for somebody to work on a 2006 DIESEL Jeep Liberty. It has a stuck exhaust va - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KJ Liberty Forum > Looking for somebody to work on a 2006 DIESEL Jeep Liberty. It has a stuck exhaust va

Eliminate Hood Flutter!!!Steinjäger photo contest!TJ 5.25" Speaker Adapters - NalinMFG

Unread 06-01-2013, 09:38 AM   #1
butwhat
2006 KJ Liberty 

Looking for somebody to work on a 2006 DIESEL Jeep Liberty. It has a stuck exhaust va

Looking for somebody to work on a 2006 DIESEL Jeep Liberty. It has a stuck exhaust valve. The head is off.

Near Clifton, Illinois.

The vehicle was taken to a mechanic. H pulled the head and diagnosed the problem. I was told the lower end is good.

I am looking for advice on how to proceed from here.

What does it take to re-install a head?

What parts and special tools will I need?

I would actually just as soon have somebody familiar with these vehicles work on it for me. I have 4 6.5 diesel GM's that need work. I have to farm something out. It just as well be something I've never looked at before.

The Liberty does include a new timing belt.

Looking to get the head repaired and put back together. A new head or a complete engine.

I am also looking for a repair manual for this vehicle/engine. If anybody has a link, I would appreciate it immensely.

What collateral damage should I look for?

Any links to info on DIESEL Jeep Libertys would be appreciated

I have not actually seen the vehicle and it will be a day or 3 before I actually have possession.

butwhat is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-01-2013, 09:58 AM   #2
tommudd
2004 KJ Liberty 

check the CRD section on LOSTJEEPs
I'd say there is more info on there regarding the KJs CRD than any other forum
Unread 06-01-2013, 11:04 AM   #3
butwhat
2006 KJ Liberty 

Thank you
Just signed up and reposted. Don't have time to read right now, but I'll get back to it very soon
butwhat is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-02-2013, 07:25 AM   #4
dcxman
2006 KJ Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by butwhat View Post
Looking for somebody to work on a 2006 DIESEL Jeep Liberty. It has a stuck exhaust valve. The head is off.

Near Clifton, Illinois.

The vehicle was taken to a mechanic. H pulled the head and diagnosed the problem. I was told the lower end is good.

I am looking for advice on how to proceed from here.

What does it take to re-install a head?

What parts and special tools will I need?

I would actually just as soon have somebody familiar with these vehicles work on it for me. I have 4 6.5 diesel GM's that need work. I have to farm something out. It just as well be something I've never looked at before.

The Liberty does include a new timing belt.

Looking to get the head repaired and put back together. A new head or a complete engine.

I am also looking for a repair manual for this vehicle/engine. If anybody has a link, I would appreciate it immensely.

What collateral damage should I look for?

Any links to info on DIESEL Jeep Libertys would be appreciated

I have not actually seen the vehicle and it will be a day or 3 before I actually have possession.
You are not very far from St. Louis.
http://www.ramscyl.com/
99 Harley Sportster
88 Ford 350 diesel dump truck
02 Northwing Maverick Legend weight shift trike
dcxman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-05-2013, 01:07 PM   #5
MedicPatriot

I saw your story on lost. I still think you need to check the conditions on the rockers before thinking about anything else.
MedicPatriot is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.