Looking for a new bumper any ideas? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KJ Liberty Forum > Looking for a new bumper any ideas?

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineToxic Brakes - 3000 PSI Braided Stainless Steel Brake LineCess Recovery Gear Snatch Tow Strap OffRoad @ ROCKRIDGE4WD

Unread 01-02-2013, 05:27 PM   #1
chuckhill22

Looking for a new bumper any ideas?

I just damaged my front bumper and I'm looking to replace it. I have looked around a little but can't find much more than the One ARB makes. Does anyone have any others that they know of? Any input is welcome.

chuckhill22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-02-2013, 06:17 PM   #2
rubduckie

It's fairly easy to retro fit one off basically any car. I put a Chevy brush guard on with a little custom fab. Looks great
image-4032457751.jpg  
rubduckie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-02-2013, 06:39 PM   #3
tjkj2002
2002 KJ Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubduckie View Post
It's fairly easy to retro fit one off basically any car. I put a Chevy brush guard on with a little custom fab. Looks great
Sorry gotta say that does not look good at all,sorry but my opinion.As long as you like it,not my Jeep.
Unread 01-02-2013, 06:50 PM   #4
rubduckie

The pic isn't the best but for a free bumper that's really strong I'm not complaining. Those arb bumpers are heavy and expencive but they do look good. I like my bumper cuz no other liby has that bumper so it's original. Just my own taste
Unread 01-02-2013, 07:11 PM   #5
03-kj

I think you should've done some more retro fitting bc it looks way to big & can tell it wasnt made for your jeep.
03-kj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-02-2013, 08:11 PM   #6
tjkj2002
2002 KJ Liberty 

Quote:
The pic isn't the best but for a free bumper that's really strong I'm not complaining. Those arb bumpers are heavy and expencive but they do look good. I like my bumper cuz no other liby has that bumper so it's original. Just my own taste
Glad you like it but I can tell you it is far from strong and will cause much more damage in a front end wreck,alot more damage if you hit a deer,then if you did not have that installed(worked at a bodyshop,was a reaccurring trend).Those are cosmetic brush gaurds,plus I can see the rust in the pic.

Yes the ARB is a little heavy but has been proven very strong.I re-located a celica's r/r tail light about a foot father forward with mine,just scratched the bedliner,also took out a cop's crown vic's drivers door/glass with zero damage.I know a few others have did major damage to other vehicles with little to no damage other then surface scratches.
Unread 01-02-2013, 09:28 PM   #7
rubduckie

Ok. Well it's not hard to fix vehicles and it still has to be sand blasted and painted so that's why there's rust. Also I've modified the center of it and it is very strong. And as far as crashes I live in a very small community so there isn't much traffic for me to hit. Also it was fun to build and I love it so that's what it is for me. If I had money I'd get a ARB bumper but when your dirt poor you gotta learn to have poor kid fun.
Unread 01-02-2013, 09:59 PM   #8
tjkj2002
2002 KJ Liberty 

Quote:
Ok. Well it's not hard to fix vehicles and it still has to be sand blasted and painted so that's why there's rust. Also I've modified the center of it and it is very strong. And as far as crashes I live in a very small community so there isn't much traffic for me to hit. Also it was fun to build and I love it so that's what it is for me. If I had money I'd get a ARB bumper but when your dirt poor you gotta learn to have poor kid fun.
That one looks like a guard for a F150.I grew up in a very small town(more cattle then poeple,at least a 10:1 ratio) also and from working in a bodyshop I've seen the massive damage done by those when the vehicle hit something small like a turkey or even a pheasant.
Unread 01-03-2013, 12:27 AM   #9
rubduckie

Alright. Well I hope nothing happens lol. And maybe someday ill be able to put a ARB on her
Unread 01-03-2013, 07:17 AM   #10
sapoliberty

Rubduckie, you rock that custom bumper! Me personally, i would rather spend the grand on weldable steel than on a name brand bumper.
or in reality on my credit card bill.
But i like your choice of bumper, and free makes it even sweeter!
sapoliberty is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.