Looking at a 2007 Liberty. What's the diff between Sport & Limited? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KJ Liberty Forum > Looking at a 2007 Liberty. What's the diff between Sport & Limited?

RIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineJeep Wrangler Bushwacker Flat Fender Flare Sale at Baselin

Unread 03-28-2010, 08:27 PM   #1
all_bran

Looking at a 2007 Liberty. What's the diff between Sport & Limited?

I've noticed there's quite a price difference between the Sport and the Limited... and there's about 10x more availability of the Sport versions vs the Limited. I was just wondering what the Limited trim level came with that the Sport didn't.

Thanks!

all_bran is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-28-2010, 09:07 PM   #2
Robo1
2005 KJ Liberty 

Looks like the Limited has cruise control, 17 inch alloy wheels, complete power drivers seat, and leather wrapped steering wheel. The Sport has 16 inch steel wheels. Also looks like the 6 speed manual is standard on the Sport, while it's 4 speed auto for the Limited.

I'm totally new to this but have been looking at the Liberty reviews for some time since I just bought a 2005 Renegade yesterday! I'm sure there will be others on here who can give you even further insight.
Robo1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-29-2010, 12:51 PM   #3
all_bran

anybody else have any input? The Sport version sersiously doesn't come with Cruise Control!? And the Limited doesn't always come with heated leather seats??
all_bran is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-29-2010, 02:26 PM   #4
grogie
M-F: Cell Block #4533

2006 TJ Wrangler 

One thing I'd see if the Limited has is SelecTrac. If it does, you'll want it over the Sport. SelecTrac adds the option of full-time four-wheel drive, which is great for mixed road conditions with ice, snow or just wet pavement. My wife and I use the full-time option a lot as it's great to have.

See this: http://www.jeepforum.com/wiki/index.php/NP242

Red Jeep Club #345
2006 TJ Sport
2004 KJ Limited
2013 Off-Road Trailer

grogie is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-29-2010, 02:43 PM   #5
Renegade_Dragon
2002 KJ Liberty 

The Liberty Sport is the Basic Model

Where as the Limited is what ever they have to offer at the time such as the Renegade, Rocky Mountain or what ever
they happen to be calling the Limited Edition for that year.

You generally have your choice of what ever happens to be on the Dealer lot at the time or selecting what ever options
may be available (which may not have been selected by the dealer) and have it custom built at the factory, in which
case you'll have to wait for it to be delivered.

The Dealer may be able to install some of the options on site, but don't always count on them doing it correctly as some
Dealers may be in a hurry to get it out the door.
Unread 03-29-2010, 03:04 PM   #6
Yesfan70
Web Wheeler

2004 WJ 

My wife's Limited is an 2006 and though it is only 2wd, it has leather, 6disc changer, power seats, matching body colored cladding, chrome, etc. on it that I don't think you'll find in the Sports.

The Limiteds are basically the top of the line Libertys. If I were getting one, that's what I would be trying to find. I wouldn't let the idea of a Limited not having heated seats sway your decision either if you come across one that has been taken care of very well by the previous owner and has low miles, etc. Chances are they may already have the wiring harness in place, so maybe all you would need to do is get the switches for the console and heating elements for the seat. Do a search to confirm that though as I'm not sure.
Blue Jeep Club Member #193

Only in a Jeep...
Yesfan70 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-29-2010, 05:43 PM   #7
Tmaxx
2004 KJ Liberty 

I just bought an 04 Limited. It was the only KJ I found locally that had the SelecTrac option. It has leather, cruise, moonroof, 16"alloy wheels, heated seats and, my favorite...stereo controls on the back of the steering wheel.
Tmaxx is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-29-2010, 06:14 PM   #8
grogie
M-F: Cell Block #4533

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tmaxx View Post
I just bought an 04 Limited. It was the only KJ I found locally that had the SelecTrac option. It has leather, cruise, moonroof, 16"alloy wheels, heated seats and, my favorite...stereo controls on the back of the steering wheel.
Sounds like mine and a great choice. You'll find that you'll use the full-time a lot.

Red Jeep Club #345
2006 TJ Sport
2004 KJ Limited
2013 Off-Road Trailer

grogie is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-29-2010, 06:20 PM   #9
VanBCguy
Web Wheeler

1999 WJ 

Sport: Let me google that for you

Limited: Let me google that for you
VanBCguy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-30-2010, 11:20 AM   #10
Rocket
2007 KJ Liberty 

My 07 Limited is cloth Interior, crusie, power driver side seat and 17" alloy wheels no selec trac. I was shocked to find out the limited was the top of the line I never thought about the original owners probably took the standard limited eddition never opted for the other things like the moon roof selec trac etc. So makes sense now There is a standard limited edition and options for higher end.
Rocket is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-30-2010, 11:21 AM   #11
WXman
Web Wheeler
2001 WJ 

Actually, on the Liberty it's very strange. You cannot go on the assumption that a Limited will be optioned nicer. In my search last year, I found a Limited that had NOTHING. No sunroof, no overhead console, no leather seats, no 17" rims, no sat. radio, NOTHING. All it had was cruise control. Conversely, I found a Sport that had every option you could think of including power heated seats. And I've seen Sports and Limiteds both in all configurations between.

The ONLY true difference that you can bet on for sure is that the Sports got grey textured fender moldings...and the Limiteds all got body color matched fender moldings. Other than that...it's a crap shoot and you'll have to actually look at the vehicle to see which options it got. Jeep really packaged these things in a weird, illogical way.
WXman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.