longevity of disk brakes - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KJ Liberty Forum > longevity of disk brakes

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineSavvy Billet LED Tail LightsWant to be able to SEE? DOT Approved Headlights for under

Unread 04-06-2003, 05:37 AM   #1
jibber

longevity of disk brakes

I've had my jeep liberty for a year and travelled 20 000 miles.
It has front disk brakes and rear drum brakes - however I now have to have the front disk brakes repleced or at the very least machined due to wear.
I don't think I am an aggressive driver - (although my girlfriend may somtimes disagree), and I am not towing anything with it.
The only thing I can think of is that I have done some sand and beach driving.
Would appreciate feedback from others as to the longevity of your brakes.

jibber is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-06-2003, 08:49 AM   #2
XR
2002 KJ Liberty 

Got 32K miles('bout 53K Kilometers) and mine stil have some life in them.Lots of off road dirt,rocks and mud(I hate mud) and no adverse effects.
Unread 04-07-2003, 08:04 PM   #3
Steven73

disc brakes

I have a 2003 Liberty, disc front and rear, and the rear discs got "grooved" as the dealer put it after only 5.000 miles of highway driving. I might not have noticed any problem,except they were groaning and squealing upon application at low speeds. Admitingly, there was gravel on the highway for traction during the winter, but damn.....rear disc resurfacing after only 5000 miles??????? I'm hoping this isnt a yearly occurrence.
Steven73 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-13-2003, 10:56 AM   #4
DAN C

front disc brakes

HAVE A 2002 JEEP LIBERTY I JUST CHANGED THE FRONT DISC BRAKES AT 17.500 MILES,AND PADS WER JUST ABOUT TO WEAR THRU.THE OLD PADS(original) DID NOT HAVE ANY WEAR DETECTORS(THEY EMIT A SQUEAL WHEN THEY NEED CHANGED)BUT THE NEW MOPAR PADS I INSTALLED DID. ALSO THESE DISC BRAKES WERE THE EASIEST TO INSTALL THAN ANY I HAVE EVER DONE.
[COLOR=darkred]DAN O3 RED FREEDOM EDITION XOXO AIR INTAKE AIRAIDE THROTTLE BODY SPACER COBRA 75WXST CB ALL SKID PLATES & MOPAR DUAL OUTLET EXHAUST ALSO PATRIOT BLUE 02 LIBERTY LIMITED ALL OPTIONS EXCEPT SUNROOF[/COLOR]
DAN C is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-15-2003, 01:31 PM   #5
KJKV

I remplaced my original front pads at 14000 Km, but I think is normal because I live in hills area and the my wife´s 4Runner brake has the same behavior.

I was very angry because the original pads don´t have a wear detectors and the right pad scratch my disk

Now I will be cheking my pads to remplace it before this happen again, is very easy change it, 20 minutes
KJKV is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.