lifting my 06liberty.any tricks? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KJ Liberty Forum > lifting my 06liberty.any tricks?

Spartan Locker Promo Running now @ ROCKRIDGE 4WD plus FREEG2 Disc Brake Conversion Kit for Jeep Wrangler YJ TJ LJ ChTJ Wrangler 4" Rough Country Suspension Lift Kits in

Unread 07-10-2014, 03:01 PM   #1
velma123

lifting my 06liberty.any tricks?

I would like to put about a 3-4 inch lift on my 06 liberty. Trying to figure put if there is a way to lift it but use springs from a different model. Like use the springs from a grand cherokee and then get different shocks.thanks alot :-)

velma123 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-10-2014, 04:12 PM   #2
tommudd
2004 KJ Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by velma123 View Post
I would like to put about a 3-4 inch lift on my 06 liberty. Trying to figure put if there is a way to lift it but use springs from a different model. Like use the springs from a grand cherokee and then get different shocks.thanks alot :-)
No won't work the way you describe
To go 4 inches of lift you will nee jeepinbyal upper control arms to get alignment back in specs
You have OME, Ironman springs and shocks, plus the Frankenlift from AllJs ( uses OME springs and shocks) then jeepinbyal also has the adjustable coilover lifts
check www.jeepinbyal.co or www.boulderbars.com for everything

BUT some good advice would be just read on here, LOSTJEEPs and JeepKJs
ALL of the information is spelled out what you can and can't do/ what we have found to work and what doesn't work
Best to stay about 3 inches of lift and 30 inch tires

So read a few days on lifts and then if you have more questions we're here to help
Unread 07-10-2014, 04:24 PM   #3
remmons
Some assembly required.
2002 KJ Liberty 

↑↑↑
This man knows his stuff, you should trust him.

Quoted from eflightray on RCGroups.com;
"Make something 'fool-proof', and nature will just produce better fools."
remmons is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-23-2014, 07:49 AM   #4
velma123

Thanks a bunch.i will deff check those sites out.just didnt know where to start looking and my dad told me to check this site out :-)
velma123 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-23-2014, 06:32 PM   #5
95BadBoy
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Velma123

It is always a good idea to fill out your Jeeps profile. It helps when a member is quickly looking at a thread, and might not see the year ect in the post body.

FS or FT (2) JK Rubi 17" Moab Rims - really nice shape
Need JK Rear Spare tire bracket for project
95BadBoy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Tags
liberty , lift

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.