Lifted CRD mpg ? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KJ Liberty Forum > Lifted CRD mpg ?

The NEW Revolution Gear and Axle from 4LowParts.comTHE NEW! VANCO DUAL MODE 15”/16″ Big Brake Kit w/BlaEngo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shipp

Unread 04-03-2014, 12:12 PM   #1
jdob
2006 KJ Liberty 

Lifted CRD mpg ?

I want to install a OME lift and larger tires. What is the mpg and power loss like for the little diesel ? any info on you size lift and tires would be great.

jdob is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-03-2014, 05:30 PM   #2
95BadBoy
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Do you have a GDE tune on your CRD?

My 05 is tuned, with more torque and better economy. The best I saw before doing mods was in the mid to lower 30's. I really have not checked it a very long time. I have felt no loss of power with a lift and bigger tires. Most likely that is because of the Eco-tune. Mileage is back down to the mid and higher 20's range as a best guess.

FS or FT (2) JK Rubi 17" Moab Rims - really nice shape
Need JK Rear Spare tire bracket for project
95BadBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-03-2014, 09:57 PM   #3
oilbuner

2006 KJ Liberty 

What 95BadBoy said!
Unread 04-05-2014, 05:31 AM   #4
GDE
2005 KJ Liberty 

When we went from the stock tire to BFG All terrains, our CRD lost 3mpg. We are not running a lift, but others with a 2-2.5 inch lift lost on average another 1-2mpg. There is a penalty off road capability, but it is worth it if ever needed.

Hope it works out
GDE is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-05-2014, 09:58 AM   #5
tommudd
2004 KJ Liberty 

Regear if going to a lift and larger tires, just like a gasser CRDs can also benefit from swapping gears. Lots of folks have done it with great results, but some think the CRD has enough power that it doesn't make any difference.
Unread 04-05-2014, 10:10 AM   #6
95BadBoy
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDE View Post
When we went from the stock tire to BFG All terrains, our CRD lost 3mpg. We are not running a lift, but others with a 2-2.5 inch lift lost on average another 1-2mpg. There is a penalty off road capability, but it is worth it if ever needed.

Hope it works out

I haven't talked to you all in quite awhile. I very much did appreciate you guys tracking me down for the parking lot meet n greet and the tune.

Unread 04-07-2014, 08:31 AM   #7
GDE
2005 KJ Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 95BadBoy View Post
I haven't talked to you all in quite awhile. I very much did appreciate you guys tracking me down for the parking lot meet n greet and the tune.
You were definitely a 'first adopter' of the GDE tune. Good to hear your CRD is still running well. The earlier a tune is applied on that vehicle, the fewer problems down the road. We have a building now and no longer do the roadside tunes.
GDE is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-07-2014, 12:43 PM   #8
oilbuner

2006 KJ Liberty 

Thanks, GDE you guys are great! Jeep is running Great…...
Unread 04-07-2014, 06:32 PM   #9
95BadBoy
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDE View Post
You were definitely a 'first adopter' of the GDE tune. Good to hear your CRD is still running well. The earlier a tune is applied on that vehicle, the fewer problems down the road. We have a building now and no longer do the roadside tunes.
WHAT ! No more roadside tunes? Ha ha - oh well.

I think I was like number 2 or 3 for that early tune, it only had like 17K for miles - still love the changes it made to that little tractor. Was like night and day. And no EGR worries!

Congrats on the building and all the work that went into development.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.