Lift ideas? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KJ Liberty Forum > Lift ideas?

Dana 30/ Dana 44 Chromoly shaft Kits- ECGSFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFlowmaster's Force II Axle-back exhaust system for the 201

Unread 07-05-2012, 07:05 PM   #1
MyKJ

Lift ideas?

I'm in the process of looking for a lift for my 2002 liberty. I'm not looking to dump a ton of money but I'd like to keep it safe and fun. Any ideas? Thanks!

MyKJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-05-2012, 07:24 PM   #2
streetglideok
Web Wheeler
2005 KJ Liberty 

Use the search feature, there are hundreds of posts on the topic. The popular means of lift on here is with new springs and shocks. That gives you 2-3" over where you are at now. You can get the parts for about $750, for all four shocks and springs, plus labor. There ae spacer kits, but when you break down the cost of doing it, it comes out very close in price when comparing apples to apples, and less ride quality compared to the OME lift kit.
streetglideok is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-05-2012, 07:42 PM   #3
95BadBoy
2005 TJ Wrangler 

First post - Welcome to JF -

Please fill out your Jeeps profile - when a member answers any questions, it's quick to look at a profile and know what year rig your's is.

Define - "not looking to dump a ton of money". If you are looking to only spend a couple franklin's - that realistically won't work well at all. You will be looking a lot closer to a grand to do things that will fulfill that & the other part - "but I'd like to keep it safe and fun".

Take a look around at a few places like All J's and Jeepin by AL to get a idea of parts and costs. The search function here actually works really well. That can help answer some questions that come to mind.

FS or FT (2) JK Rubi 17" Moab Rims - really nice shape
Need JK Rear Spare tire bracket for project

Last edited by 95BadBoy; 07-05-2012 at 07:44 PM.. Reason: I can't spell today
95BadBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-05-2012, 08:54 PM   #4
tommudd
2004 KJ Liberty 

Couple of ways to go as mentioned
OME springs are great and will last a long time
Frankenlift is good as it comes assembled but of course more $$$
jeepinbyal has several ways to go including a new KJ lift to the US
Ironman lift
just installed it on mine on the 4th to see how the ride and handling was plus to see how much lift it would give
with the OME springs you can get anywhere from 2 inches up to 3.5 pretty easy with some simple tricks
If you are only looking for a 2 inch lift the Ironman is a little cheaper alternative coming in at 640 for the springs and shocks
here is a picture fo the Ironman lift on mine

Unread 07-05-2012, 09:32 PM   #5
WillieWildcat
1992 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by streetglideok View Post
Use the search feature, there are hundreds of posts on the topic.
Eh, that's the problem with the search feature. It is nearly impossible to wade through the hundreds of other posts and topics to find any decent information.

Edit: And by decent information, I mean newest information. It's frustrating to read halfway through a thread before realizing that it's from 2009 and half of the parts aren't available anymore.
Unread 07-05-2012, 09:37 PM   #6
tommudd
2004 KJ Liberty 

But thats also how you learn
If you don't read through you'll never understand what all there is and the available options.
When i first go on any forum I spend the first two months just reading and learning
If someone just tells you purple springs are best you may not know that really the pink polka dotted are actually better if you didn't read through all the posts

Any part that wa available in 2002-2003 is still available and still works
well Skyjacker lowered their spring rate but...........
Unread 07-05-2012, 11:42 PM   #7
01CHEEKEE
2004 KJ Liberty 

Yeah while I generally agree w/ search feature...we can't do advanced searches unless we pay, which makes it a pain in the *** to search for anything
01CHEEKEE is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-06-2012, 06:54 AM   #8
streetglideok
Web Wheeler
2005 KJ Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommudd View Post
Couple of ways to go as mentioned
OME springs are great and will last a long time
Frankenlift is good as it comes assembled but of course more $$$
jeepinbyal has several ways to go including a new KJ lift to the US
Ironman lift
just installed it on mine on the 4th to see how the ride and handling was plus to see how much lift it would give
with the OME springs you can get anywhere from 2 inches up to 3.5 pretty easy with some simple tricks
If you are only looking for a 2 inch lift the Ironman is a little cheaper alternative coming in at 640 for the springs and shocks
here is a picture fo the Ironman lift on mine

Would you hurry up already with the results,lol. Long as work holds up, I'll be in the market for a kit by next month, with 30"s or 31"s as my goal.
streetglideok is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-06-2012, 05:01 PM   #9
95BadBoy
2005 TJ Wrangler 

streetglideok

31's of coarse is the one you want.

FS or FT (2) JK Rubi 17" Moab Rims - really nice shape
Need JK Rear Spare tire bracket for project
95BadBoy is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.