Liberty speakers - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KJ Liberty Forum > Liberty speakers

FS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! Artec Flash Sale - 15% off and Free Shipping over $300Brand New! Quadratec LED Headlights!

Unread 07-25-2007, 08:48 AM   #1
brymac76

Liberty speakers

Hey Folks,
Im new to the boards..."HI".

I'm looking to upgrade the speakers in my Wife's 2005 Liberty Renegade.
I was wondering if any of you have replaced only the factory speakers, and if so....how difficult was it, what speakers did you go with, and what were the results.
The wife will NOT let me replace the factory system but i can get away with just the speakers.

Any help at all will be appreciated.
Thanks in advance.

Bryan

brymac76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-25-2007, 08:56 AM   #2
jeepjeepster

If she has the premium sound system(Infinity), then the front speakers will have the amps on those. If you replace those, its usually best to get a new Head Unit and put a separate amp on the speakers and run new wires. If she doesnt have the premium sound system then you can replace all the speakers no problem. Its not a very big deal to get the door panels off. Take some screws out and pop them off. It can be kinda hard and it makes some crazy noise like its breaking, just take you time.
jeepjeepster is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-25-2007, 09:02 AM   #3
brymac76

Thanks for the advice.
I have no idea if she has the Infinity system...its just a plain jane CD player..nothing special. I'll have to check the buyers sheet..it has all that crap on it.
I've taken the door panels off my Dakota about a million times but it doesnt have Power locks/windows like the Lib...thats my only concern really.

Thanks again.
Bryan
Unread 07-25-2007, 11:45 AM   #4
psujeeperman02
2013 WK 

Yes, If you have the Infinity speakers, i would say they probably sound pretty good already. Check the buyers sheet, it will surely tell you if you have the premium sound system or not. To upgrade to something better than the infinity system, you'd probably be looking at spending more then you really want to.
Unread 07-26-2007, 12:48 PM   #5
brymac76

Thanks PSU. Havnt had a chance to check the buyer sheet yet, but deffinatly only looking to spend a couple bucks on speakers..and if its not gonna sound better than whats the point.

thanks again,
bryan
Unread 07-27-2007, 07:03 AM   #6
psujeeperman02
2013 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by brymac76
Thanks PSU. Havnt had a chance to check the buyer sheet yet, but deffinatly only looking to spend a couple bucks on speakers..and if its not gonna sound better than whats the point.

thanks again,
bryan
No problem, i have the original stock speakers in my liberty, not the premium system. I added the mopar subwoofer and it improved the sound nicely. Im not sure if you want to go this way or not, and the woofer is rather pricey, but this may also be an option for you. the best part is that it fits nicely under the drivers seat so you dont lose any storage space.
Unread 07-27-2007, 01:38 PM   #7
Mayfair_Jeeper
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Head units will make the factory speakers sound a million times better. It will not make much of a differance the other way around....Just my .02....
Mayfair_Jeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-27-2007, 04:52 PM   #8
whalenp

Have not replace the speakers in the 05 but my experience is factory speakers are margin. Relacing with a good quality speaker will improve sound.

Generally pretty easy to remove door panels to replace once you figure out how they come off. Buy a door panel remover tool makes the job easier and lesslikely to damage the panel and connectors.

Listen to a variety of speakers and buy what sound good to you.

Good luck,
Pat
whalenp is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-28-2007, 04:31 PM   #9
brymac76

Ok guys, Just looked at the buyers sheet. Just says AM/FM CD player. So im guessing its NOT the Infinity system.
I'd personally LOVE to replace the stock head unit but the wife would have a cow....she says its fine..whatever. She doesnt want a sub woofer, and to be honest PSU I dont drive it enough on my own to make that "pricey" part worth it.
I can get away with changing the speakers easy enough..i think/hope.

Anyone change out the Tweeters on top of the dash? how much of a pain is that

What speakers are you guys runnin? i have PYLE's in my pick up and Love them....so far.

Bryan
Unread 07-28-2007, 06:18 PM   #10
Pablo
1967 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by brymac76
I'd personally LOVE to replace the stock head unit but the wife would have a cow....she says its fine..whatever.

Bryan
You could do this:

http://mobile.jlaudio.com/products_c...php?page_id=79
Pablo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-29-2007, 06:31 AM   #11
I'm Limited
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Upgraded

I just upgraded my stereo in my 03 Limited.

I started as you are, just wanting to replace the speakers.
#1. They are amped in the door.
#2. The head unit will sound better with upgraded after market speakers, but the head unit should be upgraded.....Personally...Crutchfield....They supply everything.
#3. The fact that you have 6 speakers...2 tweeters in dash, means you have upgraded Infinity stuff. (I believe all them are infinity, but the 6 speakers is the upgrade.
#4. A head unit can be rather cheap from Crutchfield...120....including hardware...however, factory speakers are a bit weak IMHO.

I went Polk Components up front (to replace the tweeters...Polk rear. Pioneer HU, Rockford Fosgate Amp (barely under passanger seat...

However, it rocks...and with component speakers....WOW !!!!!

You get what you pay for. There is a few threads about changing stuff...Just speakers OR just HU...with or without AMP...

Generally speaking, the Factory units (head unit is decent, but to get the push for the seperates up front, you should either amp it or get a High powered head unit.

I never really found a stock stereo that is "GREAT'...
I'm Limited is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.