Liberty Lift Kits - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KJ Liberty Forum > Liberty Lift Kits

Flowmaster Overstock: Special Holiday Pricing!!!!RIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all Ruffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!

Unread 08-30-2013, 12:31 PM   #1
Jgrana
2002 KJ Liberty 

Liberty Lift Kits

Any of you guys suggest a pretty good lift kit for a decent price. its for a 2002 liberty limited. Also how high should i lift it. Any suggestions? thanks

2002 Liberty Limited 3.7
Jgrana is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-30-2013, 12:55 PM   #2
tommudd
2004 KJ Liberty 

Go to jeepinbyal
lifts from 675 ( Ironman ) to 750 ( OME) up to 3-4000 for a very good riding coilover kit
AllJs ( boulderbars.com) also has the Frankenlift
keep it under 3 inches of lift and stock UCAs will do you for a while, go over that and you'll need JBAs aftermarket UCAs
Also stay with 245-75-16 tires or smaller
Those above are the only two places worth mentioning, don't go straying off on other sites, or looking at spacer lifts or any of that crap, after years on these sites theres no where else to go for lifts
Unread 09-06-2013, 11:54 AM   #3
jstraw
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommudd
Go to jeepinbyal
lifts from 675 ( Ironman ) to 750 ( OME) up to 3-4000 for a very good riding coilover kit
AllJs ( boulderbars.com) also has the Frankenlift
keep it under 3 inches of lift and stock UCAs will do you for a while, go over that and you'll need JBAs aftermarket UCAs
Also stay with 245-75-16 tires or smaller
Those above are the only two places worth mentioning, don't go straying off on other sites, or looking at spacer lifts or any of that crap, after years on these sites theres no where else to go for lifts
You are using some terms I done quite understand..,
UCA?
JBA?
Can I put springs and shocks from a JKUR in my 2002 liberty? If so, would I need to modify anything?
jstraw is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-06-2013, 11:59 AM   #4
tommudd
2004 KJ Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jstraw View Post
You are using some terms I done quite understand..,
UCA?
JBA?
Can I put springs and shocks from a JKUR in my 2002 liberty? If so, would I need to modify anything?
UCA= Upper control arms
JBA= jeepinbyal.com
No you can not install shocks and springs from a JK on yours, completely different suspension system . JKs have solid front axles, KJs have Independent front suspensions, JKs have a full frame, KJs do not have a frame and the list goes on and on

Come on over , we're installing a lift this afternoon for a guy from Pa. Driving 5 hours just to have it done here
Unread 09-06-2013, 01:14 PM   #5
jstraw
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommudd

UCA= Upper control arms
JBA= jeepinbyal.com
No you can not install shocks and springs from a JK on yours, completely different suspension system . JKs have solid front axles, KJs have Independent front suspensions, JKs have a full frame, KJs do not have a frame and the list goes on and on

Come on over , we're installing a lift this afternoon for a guy from Pa. Driving 5 hours just to have it done here
Where you located?
jstraw is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-06-2013, 06:16 PM   #6
tommudd
2004 KJ Liberty 

West of Toledo
Unread 09-06-2013, 07:23 PM   #7
Bain98xj
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Tom how much do you charge?
Bain98xj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-27-2013, 02:45 PM   #8
TAPAutoParts
2002 KJ Liberty 

Thanks for the info.

looking at the "KJ IRONMAN 1.5" SPRING LIFT KIT"

How do your shocks compare to using Bilstein?

Thanks,
TAPAutoParts is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-27-2013, 03:46 PM   #9
tommudd
2004 KJ Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAPAutoParts View Post
Thanks for the info.

looking at the "KJ IRONMAN 1.5" SPRING LIFT KIT"

How do your shocks compare to using Bilstein?

Thanks,
Ironman shocks are actually a little bit longer than OME and bilstein for the front . If you look on the JeepinByAl website you'll find a picture and description of the OME, Bilstein and Ironman .
Ride on the road is very good with any of them
Unread 09-27-2013, 03:47 PM   #10
tommudd
2004 KJ Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bain98xj View Post
Tom how much do you charge?
All depends on if you are doing upper control arms, etc
What do you have in mind of doing ?
Unread 03-18-2014, 06:56 PM   #11
Gniedom

I have just purchased a 3" coil spacer lift for my liberty. The back went on no problem and got the spacers on the front struts however they are now too long for the bottom strut fork to bolt into the lower control arm. Anyone have any suggestions? I tried compressing the coils but still can not get the room.
Gniedom is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-22-2014, 01:17 AM   #12
Loganbruton44
2002 KJ Liberty 

I am also trying to lift my 2002 liberty limited. Every lift I have found says will not fit 02 models 03-05 only. Which lift will actually work for under $500?
Loganbruton44 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-22-2014, 06:30 AM   #13
tommudd
2004 KJ Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loganbruton44 View Post
I am also trying to lift my 2002 liberty limited. Every lift I have found says will not fit 02 models 03-05 only. Which lift will actually work for under $500?
All lifts are the same
NONE under 500-more in the 775-800 range
Unread 03-22-2014, 07:18 AM   #14
Loganbruton44
2002 KJ Liberty 

Okay. So which one do you believe would be the best for price/quality ratio? I seen the frankenlift or the ironman lift would work. It's just that I found a ton of lifts all over for like 150-300. I didn't know if those would actually work for the 2002 model because they said they would on the site but when I actually call them or ask around I'm told they will not.
Unread 03-22-2014, 07:32 AM   #15
Loganbruton44
2002 KJ Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommudd View Post
All lifts are the same
NONE under 500-more in the 775-800 range
I have also read that this one will work. I don't want to have to swap out a bunch of crap, and I'm not sure if I'd have to with this lift. http://bds-suspension.com/product?ma...1&yr=2002-2007

Tags
lift + spacers , lift advice , lift kit

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.