Liberty front door replacement speaker - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KJ Liberty Forum > Liberty front door replacement speaker

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line~Artec JK 1 TON SWAP~Advance Adapters SYE Kits

Unread 08-28-2010, 12:34 PM   #1
Jaybird1611
2005 KJ Liberty 

Liberty front door replacement speaker

I have read the discussion thread from Dec 09 on the Infinity front door speakers with the integrated amplifiers. I'm having the same problem my 2005 Liberty.
My question is: has anyone ordered the Kicker model replacement speakers from Autotrucktoys.com? The model # is 77KICK15. These are the only supposed replacement speakers I have been able find on the web. I called them to make sure they had the integrated ampliers and they said yes, but I would like to confirm with anyone who has ordered these.
Did they actually have the ampliers and did anyone have any problems with them related to installation, sound quality, etc.

Thank you

Jaybird1611 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-30-2010, 05:54 AM   #2
Boredgonzo
2006 LJ Wrangler 

I just purchased an 02 KJ for the wife and need to replace the front door speakers. I've done some searching and I'd like to know if these are direct replacement as well.
Unread 09-01-2010, 12:17 PM   #3
brendanc
2002 KJ Liberty 

I didn't get speakers with built-in amplifiers, but I got some 6.5" speakers to fit in the slot and just taped the existing amplifiers to the speakers (has been holding for a good 2 years now

My initial problem was that my front right speaker started popping for no reason (I figure if I had been listening to music that loud all my speakers would have popped, but it was just that one). Anyway, I ordered some Pioneer speakers as I've had good luck with them in the past and they're doing great.

I got 3 way speakers (I have dual 12" subs in my cargo area, so I needed the mid range) Pioneer USA - TS-A1673R - 6-1/2" 3-Way Speaker with 180 Watts Maximum Power are some that would work.

Basically I just had to unscrew the amplifier units from the stock infinity speakers and just hook the wires up to the new speakers (and attach them together, tape or epoxy would work fine).
brendanc is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-01-2010, 02:31 PM   #4
Jaybird1611
2005 KJ Liberty 

Speakers

Thanks for the info on the Pioneer speakers.
After reading previous threads, I'm going to go in and check to see if the foam was degrading and seperating from the paper cone. I may be able to fix it without buying new speakers. I know some people have used a foam repair kit they got off of Ebay to repair them, but I'm thinking a fabric glue might work just as well. We'll see.

If that doesn't work, I'll get the Pioneers and try that fix.
I'll let people know how it works out.

BTW, this must be a fairly big problem. When I called the dealership, they told me that there were 276 backorders nationwide on these front speakers. Even if I ordered them, they had no idea when any would come in. Plus they are hideously expensive. They told me that they were having some kind of supplier problem.
Jaybird1611 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.