Liberty Fog Light Switch - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KJ Liberty Forum > Liberty Fog Light Switch

FS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! SPARTAN LOCKERS are on sale BIG TIME at ROCKRIDGE 4WD!Yukon Ultimate 35 axle kit for c/clip axles with Yukon Zip

Unread 01-31-2007, 11:42 AM   #1
juggle9
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Liberty Fog Light Switch

My wife wants me to put some aftermarket fog lights on her lib. I installe on my wrangler in minutes and installed the switch on the dash where the dummy plugs were, you know, along side the rear defroster and wiper switch. Anyway...as far as I can tell, the switch for Fog lights on a lib is on the console with the regular head lights. Is this true, and if so, how hard is it going to be to wire in some fog lights for her? If it is to much trouble, I might just install a switch on the dash, but where is a good place to put one that won't look half assed.
Thanks for your thoughts....

juggle9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-31-2007, 12:19 PM   #2
BVCRD

On the 2006, the fog light switch is part of the regular light switch. You twist to turn on the lights, pull out for the fogs. Don't know nothing about the dash.
Unread 01-31-2007, 01:42 PM   #3
juggle9
2005 TJ Wrangler 

hmm, that is what I thought. I have noticed that aftermarket kits have a "dash mounted" switch. Unfortuantly I have not been able to read any of the directions to see where the switch "installed" on the dash.
Unread 01-31-2007, 03:13 PM   #4
XJ2000
2000 XJ Cherokee 

What if you were to mount the switch the way the Libery Renegades have the switch mounted for the Lightbar. If I'm not mistaken, the lightbar's switch is to the left of the steering column under the instrument cluster/air vent. The switch is just a black pushbutton switch. I think that would be easier than trying to work your way into the headlight stalk, and it would still look OEM.

Trail Rig: 2000 XJ w/ 4.5" RE SF, Locked XJ D44 Rear, Locked D30, and a bunch of other things

Pavement Pounder: 2001 XJ Daily Driver, 2" BB, 245/70R16 AT's on Moabs
XJ2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-31-2007, 06:47 PM   #5
flair1111

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dassc612
What if you were to mount the switch the way the Libery Renegades have the switch mounted for the Lightbar. If I'm not mistaken, the lightbar's switch is to the left of the steering column under the instrument cluster/air vent. The switch is just a black pushbutton switch. I think that would be easier than trying to work your way into the headlight stalk, and it would still look OEM.
I just got my light bar in the mail and will install it this weekend. The directions show to put the switch to the left of the steeringwheel like Dassc612 said. There is a dummy panel that can be removed.
flair1111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-31-2007, 06:55 PM   #6
XJ2000
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Thanks for confirming, I didn't have time to check about the placement after I posted.

Trail Rig: 2000 XJ w/ 4.5" RE SF, Locked XJ D44 Rear, Locked D30, and a bunch of other things

Pavement Pounder: 2001 XJ Daily Driver, 2" BB, 245/70R16 AT's on Moabs
XJ2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-02-2007, 09:16 AM   #7
juggle9
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Yeah, finally got a look at the inside of her Lib. I see the panel you are all talking about. Looks like a great place to put a switch. Now the fun is trying to figure out how to get back there...but that is another project for another day...have to pick out the fog lights first...
Thanks again everybody
Matt
Unread 02-03-2007, 10:19 AM   #8
ejorgy

Here are the instructions for installing the JEEP Liberty fog light kit.

http://site.justforjeeps.com/guide/8229413.pdf

Also here are the instructions for the roof light bar, pictures 2, 33 and 34 will give you an idea of where the switch goes.

http://site.justforjeeps.com/guide/82206126AB.pdf

Hope this helps
ejorgy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-10-2007, 10:47 PM   #9
phonegunner
1997 TJ Wrangler 

If it is anything like my wifes 2005 Wrangler - the wiring was all there .. just added the relays and lights and changed out the left half of the multi-function switch assembly (the head light dimming/ turn signal arm...)

Now hers works just like my 2006 Liberty Renegade ... pull the end of the arm to turn on the foglights ... push in to turn them off...

Ted...
phonegunner is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.