liberty fender flare - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KJ Liberty Forum > liberty fender flare

Huge Soft top SaleAdvance Adapters SYE KitsCurrie Antirock, Currectlync & Lift Kits on Sale!

Unread 05-21-2013, 11:29 AM   #16
tommudd
2004 KJ Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrenchChristian View Post
To run 35s he went to a soild front axle and of course more lift
To run 33s you'll need to regear to 4.56s / have 6 inches of lift and a steel front diff from JeepinByAl

I have at the moment a Full OME all round with 12 mm plates between the body and the top of the front struts and a 10mm thick washer at the Clevis. I am going to replace the new generation of rear OME struts by the OME N132L Long Travel so I can add 2 Rubber Isolators each side of the rear Springs and hopefuly lift the rear again. How far do you think I could go in the Front by adding thick washers between the Clevis and the bottom of the strut but to keep everything in good working order ? I am really wondering if I could reach a 6 in lift that way?
No way to get 6 inches that way, you'll have issues with the spring hitting the UCAs at around 4 inches, so if you went to 6 it would be undriveable.
Most you can add and still be driveable is 3/8 inch clevis and 1/4 inch top plate . To go 6 inches you'll need to move up to one of JeepinByAls 6 inch kits

Unread 05-22-2013, 04:53 PM   #17
FrenchChristian
2006 KJ Liberty 

Thanks Tommud,

I am going to investigate the possibility of having made to measure fenders and stick with 31in tyres for now. I am thinking of adding wheel spacers to compensate the higher center of gravity. Have you ever heard of anyone who tried and experienced problems with those?
FrenchChristian is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.