liberty fender flare - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KJ Liberty Forum > liberty fender flare

** FALL SALE on all Jeep Optic Armor Windshields **Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line~Artec JK 1 TON SWAP~

Unread 08-10-2011, 04:18 PM   #1
liberty03blu

liberty fender flare

i want to know if there is anyway or anything that can replace the bulkey fenders on the liberty....lol....cause i wanna put bigger tires on the jeep and want to do something about them....any help...lol

liberty03blu is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-10-2011, 06:33 PM   #2
tjkj2002
2002 KJ Liberty 

Don't cut any metal though as it's all structrual part of the body.
Unread 08-10-2011, 06:46 PM   #3
Powerslave
2006 KJ Liberty 

Buy aftermarket ones, cut and fit. Unless someone makes them for the KJ, you'll have to cut -n- paste.
Powerslave is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-11-2011, 01:44 AM   #4
socks
2004 KJ Liberty 

When I move up to 265-75-16 inch tires I am going to install some of this stuff
to the edge of the factory flares to increase the width.
http://www.pacerperformance.com/

In the past I have contacted Bushwacker via to see if they have anything to fit a KJ
and I never get a reply.
I finally called them and was told that there is not enough demand for aftermarket flares
for Liberty's!

I have seen some custom one off flat fender flares for KJ's but they all look like amateur
crap. Not to mention that they completely defeat the purpose of a flat fender due to the
fact that the factory sheet metal that is hidden by the OEM flares is exposed and they do
not offer any additional space for more articulation or bigger diameter tire sizes like the flat
fenders offer for Wranglers...

I have made mock up "Caps" that fit over the factory flares to increase the width of the flare
but you still run into the problem that they get ripped off while wheeling under full stuff of the
tire into the wheel opening.

Just shy of getting out the sawsall and going to town on the fenders would work... But would
involve allot of re-engineering of the sheet metal to retain the structural integrity of the factory
design and would be very labour intensive!
socks is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-18-2011, 11:22 PM   #5
KJWildman
2002 KJ Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by socks View Post
I have seen some custom one off flat fender flares for KJ's but they all look like amateur crap.

Gee ...... THANKS!
Unread 08-19-2011, 06:24 AM   #6
KLT88YJ
1988 YJ Wrangler 

KJWildman that fender looks pretty darn good! Have a side profile shot of it!?
KLT88YJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-19-2011, 09:19 AM   #7
KJWildman
2002 KJ Liberty 

Flat Fenders

Sure, dont want to take over the OP's post so try this link to my photobucket page.

http://s552.photobucket.com/albums/j...ube%20Fenders/

Feel free to surf my other albums as well!

Or check for any of my fab threads over on LOSTJEEPS.COM
Unread 08-19-2011, 10:42 AM   #8
oilbuner

2006 KJ Liberty 

I like tjkj's post! I have 3 of them in my garage and have seriously thought of using one. Wildman, you have spent some time on fenders and they look good! Oilburner
Unread 08-22-2011, 02:26 PM   #9
liberty03blu

thanks for the ideas defintley like what you did to your fenders on the jeep...
liberty03blu is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-09-2012, 02:45 PM   #10
luckinite
2004 KJ Liberty 

thank you

Quote:
Originally Posted by KJWildman View Post
Sure, dont want to take over the OP's post so try this link to my photobucket page.

http://s552.photobucket.com/albums/j...ube%20Fenders/

Feel free to surf my other albums as well!

Or check for any of my fab threads over on LOSTJEEPS.COM
This is exactly what I want to do! I'll look for your fabs at lostjeep, but if I don't find it what are the flairs you used?
luckinite is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-09-2012, 05:14 PM   #11
tjkj2002
2002 KJ Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by luckinite View Post
This is exactly what I want to do! I'll look for your fabs at lostjeep, but if I don't find it what are the flairs you used?
He built them himself.

I'm running 35" tires and have no issues with running the stock flares.
Unread 09-10-2012, 02:35 PM   #12
luckinite
2004 KJ Liberty 

I found his fab thread on lostjeeps. They look sweet. I'm interested in now they look not the clearance. I have been gathering ideas for modding my jeep and making a list, the custom flares have been added.
luckinite is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-21-2013, 08:03 AM   #13
FrenchChristian
2006 KJ Liberty 

35" Tyres on a KJ !! Unbelievable !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjkj2002 View Post
He built them himself.

I'm running 35" tires and have no issues with running the stock flares.
Hi mate,

I am a French guy who lives in the UK. I own a 2006 KJ CRD. I have modified it and I am running on 31" Mickey Thompson MTZ at the moment but both Front and rear flares have suffered when I went for serious Off Roading with Wranglers on Big Tyres during the last European Jeepers Jamboree.

I really want to improve in tyres size. Let say at least 33" so I thought the wheel arches and Fenders would be my first point of work and so I found the thread with the own made Fender flares. Then I read your post that you manage to run your KJ on 35" Tyres and have no issue with the stock flares!!

That is really incredible !! I was wondering if you wouldn't mind giving me an advise please? Do I have to change the complete axles like you did to try to fit 33" Tyres on my KJ?

Thanks for your time.

Chris
FrenchChristian is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-21-2013, 09:31 AM   #14
tommudd
2004 KJ Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrenchChristian View Post
Hi mate,

I am a French guy who lives in the UK. I own a 2006 KJ CRD. I have modified it and I am running on 31" Mickey Thompson MTZ at the moment but both Front and rear flares have suffered when I went for serious Off Roading with Wranglers on Big Tyres during the last European Jeepers Jamboree.

I really want to improve in tyres size. Let say at least 33" so I thought the wheel arches and Fenders would be my first point of work and so I found the thread with the own made Fender flares. Then I read your post that you manage to run your KJ on 35" Tyres and have no issue with the stock flares!!

That is really incredible !! I was wondering if you wouldn't mind giving me an advise please? Do I have to change the complete axles like you did to try to fit 33" Tyres on my KJ?

Thanks for your time.

Chris
To run 35s he went to a soild front axle and of course more lift
To run 33s you'll need to regear to 4.56s / have 6 inches of lift and a steel front diff from JeepinByAl
Unread 05-21-2013, 11:08 AM   #15
FrenchChristian
2006 KJ Liberty 

To run 35s he went to a soild front axle and of course more lift
To run 33s you'll need to regear to 4.56s / have 6 inches of lift and a steel front diff from JeepinByAl

I have at the moment a Full OME all round with 12 mm plates between the body and the top of the front struts and a 10mm thick washer at the Clevis. I am going to replace the new generation of rear OME struts by the OME N132L Long Travel so I can add 2 Rubber Isolators each side of the rear Springs and hopefuly lift the rear again. How far do you think I could go in the Front by adding thick washers between the Clevis and the bottom of the strut but to keep everything in good working order ? I am really wondering if I could reach a 6 in lift that way?
jeep-dover-no-3.-07-avril-2013.jpg  
FrenchChristian is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.