Liberty Cruise control - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KJ Liberty Forum > Liberty Cruise control

WJ Shackle Tabs: Tow-Hook Replacements2014 Spartan Locker Special - While Supplies Last! Dana 3FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 10-21-2003, 06:15 PM   #1
photobar

Liberty Cruise control

Mopar Cruise Control

Does anyone have information regarding the Mopar aftermarket cruise control?

I have just purchased a Liberty (I've been a Jeep driver since 1988) I was surprised to find that my new Liberty had no cruise control. There is a Mopar cruise control available and my dealer installed it today but could not complete the installation. We are now waiting for a wiring harness for the cruise control. If anyone has experience of this cruise control installation I'd be pleased to hear from them about what is involved in the wiring of the cruise control.

Thank you

David

The new wheels at http://www.photobar.com/jim

photobar is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-22-2003, 12:26 PM   #2
jbuford04

I just talked to my Dealer about adding cruise control to my '03 liberty and what he told me was that it isn't possible for some reason. What kind of liberty do you have? becuase i want to know if my dealer is crazy, or if it's the truth...thanks
jbuford04 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-22-2003, 01:43 PM   #3
starscream
1981 CJ5 

From what I have been told is Cruise Control is a factory option on the Sport. But, Jeep used to have the harness in all Jeeps so if you didn't get it you could install it later. They do not do that anymore, they are saving money by no longer supplying wiring in the steering colum for non-CC Jeeps. So, that is probably what photobar's waiting for and why jbuford04's dealer doesn't want to try. It would be easier to get the stick type and add it on to the dash, but then it's not "factory".

Good luck guys.

Last edited by starscream; 10-22-2003 at 01:47 PM..
starscream is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-23-2003, 10:36 PM   #4
photobar

Quote:
Originally Posted by starscream
From what I have been told is Cruise Control is a factory option on the Sport. But, Jeep used to have the harness in all Jeeps so if you didn't get it you could install it later. They do not do that anymore, they are saving money by no longer supplying wiring in the steering colum for non-CC Jeeps. So, that is probably what photobar's waiting for and why jbuford04's dealer doesn't want to try. It would be easier to get the stick type and add it on to the dash, but then it's not "factory".

I think the above somes it up quite well. I returned to my dealer the day after buying the car to find out about the cruise control. The dealer accessory book didn't list the cruise control but having read about it's existance on the interenet I had the parts person locate the part number on their computer. The additional harness has I believe four wires. One is ground, the second receives a frequency from the the engine or transfer case and the other two relay information to the cars computer centre. What is missing are the two wires to the computer. I don't believe the wiring or controls in the steering column are much of a problem. My dealer is looking into what is required and I will repost when I have more information.

David
Unread 10-28-2003, 08:10 PM   #5
photobar

I'm pleased to report that today the dealer completed the installation of my cruise control. Everything is working great.

David
Unread 10-29-2003, 01:37 PM   #6
jbuford04

Hey Photobar. Can you tell me the part numbers for adding cruise control. My dealer is lost as to what to do (first time that's happened). He said that he doesn't know becuase of the memo he received that it's unavailable to add to the KJ's. Or just point me out to your dealer. Ha Ha. Thanks.

jeffbuford@yahoo.com
jbuford04 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.