Liberty coil springs - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KJ Liberty Forum > Liberty coil springs

The Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!The Ruffstuff NOT Universal 4 Link Kit!Flush Mount LED Bumper Lights, CREE

Unread 03-18-2012, 05:47 PM   #1
lt1tyrell
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Liberty coil springs

Got an 05 renegade, 100,000kms (approx 60,000 miles), coil springs seem sagged out. It bottoms out easily with 2 people in the back seat. And the front end hits bumps, train tracks etc very hard. Is this a common problem with the coil springs? I thought they would have lasted a little longer than that...It is my wifes vehicle and does not see any off road use or abuse. If the coils are the problem is there an upgraded set I can buy that will last a little longer and still ride as good as factory? Thanks!

lt1tyrell is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-18-2012, 06:39 PM   #2
TwoBobsKJ
2003 KJ Liberty 

Do a search on "lifts" for details - but the short answer to your question is "Yes."

Don't let 'lift' scare you away. As you said your Jeep is sagged so any coils are going to 'lift' it. Go with OME coils and Bilstein shocks; your ride will be WAY better than factory. I didn't know if i could believe the claims before I did mine but it's for real. I built mine for highway and off-roading and it performs brilliantly in both venues.

Figure about $750 US for a complete kit before duties and all the other hurdles you have to jump when ordering from the States.

Bob
TwoBobsKJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-18-2012, 09:43 PM   #3
lt1tyrell
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Good advice thank you, didnt really want to spend that kind of cash on it but i guess i might have to.
lt1tyrell is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.