Liberty 2004 rear window rattle - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KJ Liberty Forum > Liberty 2004 rear window rattle

Bead Lock Wheels! Raceline, Trail Ready, & Trail-Gear2007-2014 Jeep Wrangler Black (Paint to Match) Grille2007-2014 Jeep Wrangler Black Sun Shade (Rugged Ridge)

Unread 09-09-2007, 12:42 PM   #1
Judysliberty

Liberty 2004 rear window rattle

Hi All,

I am new to this forum thing so if something goes wrong with this post let me know.

I have an 04 Liberty that just started a very annoying rattle coming from the rear window. Only happening over bumps. I have tried lube the latch in the lower door. Anyone out there having a problem with rear window rattle?

Judysliberty is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-10-2007, 11:00 PM   #2
cyclerider105

Yep, got the same problem in my 2005 rear window/door. I can't figure it out either!
cyclerider105 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-11-2007, 06:04 AM   #3
valvestem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judysliberty
Hi All,

I am new to this forum thing so if something goes wrong with this post let me know.

I have an 04 Liberty that just started a very annoying rattle coming from the rear window. Only happening over bumps. I have tried lube the latch in the lower door. Anyone out there having a problem with rear window rattle?
If your are getting a squeaky rattle going over road bumps, in & out or driveways etc., and are sure it is the window. Try this, locate the latch area of the lower swing gate with the window open. Place a blob of white grease on the square black plastic spring loaded plunger that the black painted area of the glass contacts when the window glass is closed. I believe that the rough surface of the painted area of the glass rubs on the square hard black plastic plunger and creates the noise which is amplified by the swing gate. It took me about 2 months of trial and error to find this issue. It has to be redone as the grease wears off. If this does not work, then it may be the swing gate latch assembly needs tightening up.
valvestem is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-17-2007, 08:10 AM   #4
root1974

Window Ticking

I just got my Jeep back from the dealer for the third time for that problem. (Drivers side window ticking)

Each time it was in the dealer for something else I would mention it and they would never fix it. They always said they couldn't re-create the problem. Well, since the 36,000 mile warranty was almost up I sternly suggested they try DRIVING IT and not calling me until it was fixed. (what a concept)

They ended up replacing the window raceway and all is well. The window does not move or tick at all anymore. Of course I had to clean all the grease and fingerprints off the door (Sure glad I have leather) but at least they fixed it.. (well, so far)

This was from two different "Five Star Dealerships" ..... HAH..

What exactly are those five stars supposed to mean, anyways? I'd really like to know. I can't imagine being treated any worse. Took three trips and the mention of a lawyer to finally get them to fix it. (and that's just ONE of the multiple issues I've had with this Chrysler... albeit the most minor)

Sigh....
root1974 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.