Lets See All Your Lifted Liberty KJ's!!! - Page 4 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KJ Liberty Forum > Lets See All Your Lifted Liberty KJ's!!!

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valueComponent speaker deal for your dash - NalinMFG

Unread 09-16-2010, 12:22 PM   #46
monkyfart13
2002 KJ Liberty 

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3389540/3

ARB Deluxe Bullbar, Detroit Locker, Warn M8000, Carolina Truggies Rock Rails, AMSteel Synthetic Winch Line, K&N Filter, BFG Mud Terrain, OME 790 CRD Springs, Optima Red Top, Alpine Headunit, Alpine Type-R Speakers, Cobra CB Radio, 7" LCD Headrest Monitors
monkyfart13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-22-2010, 05:39 PM   #47
Tkarner03
2002 KJ Liberty 

No previous pic. will post better ones ASAP
Tkarner03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-25-2010, 06:05 PM   #48
psychojeeper
1980 CJ5 

Pic from a recent hunting trip, 2nd one since getting the F***in FrankinLift installed,,,lower A-arms are still making contact with the sway bar despite tweaking and re-torqing everything, NO help from their customer service,,all I get is "We've never heard of that before"
Other than the big clunks and thumps it is doing well.

I also added a set of Rocky Road heavy duty roof rails,,stock ones are plastic at the ends/mounts,,, and bed-lined the roof for durability when hauling gear.
"Built not Bought #278
psychojeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-25-2010, 06:08 PM   #49
tjkj2002
2002 KJ Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by psychojeeper View Post

Pic from a recent camping trip, 2nd one since getting the F***in FrankinLift installed,,,lower A-arms are still making contact with the sway bar despite tweaking and re-torqing everything, NO help from their customer service,,all I get is "We've never heard of that before"
Other than the clunks and thumps it is doing well.
The alignment is the cause of your noise,a good alignment tech(and one that knows lifted KJ's) can make that noise disappear with a few mins on the alignment rack.
Unread 09-25-2010, 07:04 PM   #50
jeepbumm68
2005 TJ Wrangler 

my girls 2006 CRD libby,

as of now.

granted now it has changed over the last 2months since those pics. Ill get some updated one here soon
jeepbumm68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-25-2010, 07:11 PM   #51
psychojeeper
1980 CJ5 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjkj2002 View Post
The alignment is the cause of your noise,a good alignment tech(and one that knows lifted KJ's) can make that noise disappear with a few mins on the alignment rack.
Nice try,,but NOPE,,,had it aligned the day after the lift,,no dice on fixing the thump/clunk. Also replaced the sway bar links & bushings, new upper A-arms from Al, basically rebuilt the entire suspension.

Starting to wish I'd gotten the RR lift, or even some Daystar 2 inch coil spacers,,at least I wouldnt be out so much cash for a mediocre suspension.
"Built not Bought #278
Unread 09-25-2010, 08:12 PM   #52
tjkj2002
2002 KJ Liberty 

Quote:
Nice try,,but NOPE,,,had it aligned the day after the lift,,no dice on fixing the thump/clunk. Also replaced the sway bar links & bushings, new upper A-arms from Al, basically rebuilt the entire suspension.

Starting to wish I'd gotten the RR lift, or even some Daystar 2 inch coil spacers,,at least I wouldnt be out so much cash for a mediocre suspension.
You may have had the alignment done and in(or close) to OE specs but it was not done right to position the LCA's for maximum clearance so they will not hit the swaybar.I had that same issue when I still had IFS and doing the alignment the correct way instead of just getting it back into OE specs fixed the issue.
Unread 09-25-2010, 08:24 PM   #53
psychojeeper
1980 CJ5 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjkj2002 View Post
You may have had the alignment done and in(or close) to OE specs but it was not done right to position the LCA's for maximum clearance so they will not hit the swaybar.I had that same issue when I still had IFS and doing the alignment the correct way instead of just getting it back into OE specs fixed the issue.
The alignment is guranteed for 6 months so I will probably take it in sometime before then to be re-checked, although I dont quite know what "right" is vs. spec. I think just shoving out the lower A's will not result in positive thinbgs happening.

Was out checking on it today and the upper A-arms (from Jeepin by Al) are also making contact with the coils,,,,,

Damn,,shoulda never started messing with this thing.
"Built not Bought #278
Unread 09-25-2010, 08:32 PM   #54
tjkj2002
2002 KJ Liberty 

Quote:
The alignment is guranteed for 6 months so I will probably take it in sometime before then to be re-checked, although I dont quite know what "right" is vs. spec. I think just shoving out the lower A's will not result in positive thinbgs happening.

Was out checking on it today and the upper A-arms (from Jeepin by Al) are also making contact with the coils,,,,,

Damn,,shoulda never started messing with this thing.
The issue is the LCA mount bolts control the camber/caster for the front wheels by using cam washers that move the LCA up/down and in/out at the mount locations.When they set the alignment they just started moving the LCA cam bolts to get it back into specs blindly without thought to clearance issues.I had to zero out my cam bolts(the postion that give max clearance) and adjust from there but being very careful to keep the front cam bolt(closest to front bumper) as close to zero as possible.I had to sacrifice caster but kept it even from side to side so no big issue and ended up with 2 degrees which is mor ethen enough for a lifted KJ with bigger tires,I got camber dead center in OE specs though while still keeping max clearance between the LCA and swaybar.

This does take some time and well kore time then most alignment places will want to spend doing it.

Oh and by the way you will need many alignment over the next year or so to correct the angles when your front coils settle some,and they will.It's a good idea to get a alignment every year anyways.
Unread 09-25-2010, 08:41 PM   #55
psychojeeper
1980 CJ5 

I'll make these suggestions to the tech at the shop when I take it in for a check, a warranty of 6 months or better is a primary reason I picked this shop, I put a LOT of miles on the Lib and push it pretty hard when camping/hunting so I usually get the alignment done more than once a year, especially if I notice tire wear.
"Built not Bought #278
Unread 09-25-2010, 08:51 PM   #56
tjkj2002
2002 KJ Liberty 

Quote:
I'll make these suggestions to the tech at the shop when I take it in for a check, a warranty of 6 months or better is a primary reason I picked this shop, I put a LOT of miles on the Lib and push it pretty hard when camping/hunting so I usually get the alignment done more than once a year, especially if I notice tire wear.
I align my KJ every oil change(3k),but I have a lifetime alignment so it costs me nothing,great thing is I work at the shop lifetime warranty is through so I get paid to do my own alignments.
Unread 09-27-2010, 02:32 PM   #57
tommudd
2004 KJ Liberty 

Lots of places do alignments, few know how to do an alignment on a lifted KJ the right way. I have a shop close by that I take all of the ones I lift to and never have a problem. One of my friends had been going other places and it never felt right, one trip to the shop I use and he said it drove like it did when he bought it!
tommudd is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-28-2010, 10:06 AM   #58
coloradojeeper2
2005 KJ Liberty 

Project Jeep 2010

Just started working on the KJ but here are my additions so far!

2005 Jeep Liberty KJ 3.7L V6
  • 2.5 Inch Rustys Spacer Lift
  • Rustys Shocks/Struts
  • 31 10.50 Mickey Thompson Tires
  • 15 Inch Daytona Black wheels
  • Front tow hooks

Here are a few additional pics after i took it off road!

Last edited by coloradojeeper2; 10-05-2010 at 07:14 PM.. Reason: uploaded new pics of my offroad adventure with the kj!
coloradojeeper2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-05-2010, 09:37 AM   #59
jmichaelsjeep
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Here's a pic of my newly lifted KJ:
Unread 10-05-2010, 03:34 PM   #60
jeepkj617
2002 KJ Liberty 

what do you all use for your lifts?

Thinking about buying a Cobra® 29-LTD 2-Way 40-Channel CB Radio. Anyone have install/antenna suggestions?
jeepkj617 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.