Lets See All Your Lifted Liberty KJ's!!! - Page 20 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KJ Liberty Forum > Lets See All Your Lifted Liberty KJ's!!!

XHD Heavy-Duty Hood Latches for JK and TJ available at OcoSYE Kits from CCOR! 706-207-4140Stainless Steel Door Hinge Pins

Unread 07-03-2013, 09:36 PM   #286
05renny

Hey all, here' a recent weekend outing to Haspin Acres in Indiana. Weather was pretty crappy- rained off and on, then on for a long time, which made for a muddy mucky mess, but we made the best of it. This is the first trip with my new tires, set of bfg mtr's 265/75/16-- and they worked wonderfully, the little liberty was getting around with a bunch of XJ's with boggers, lockers, etc You'll see pics with the hood popped-- I typically do that just to avoid overheating when we stop for a while.

Here's a pic, about to pull out my stuck buddy:

Some of the crew

"Camp" (aka, where the truck and trailer is)

Before the trip:

05renny is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-03-2013, 09:54 PM   #287
TheBlueKJ
2003 KJ Liberty 

^Great pics!
Unread 08-06-2013, 03:59 PM   #288
brendanc
2002 KJ Liberty 

This is my jeep after the JBA 4" lift with adjustments/alignment. Sitting at 21.5" in the front 22.5" in the back.

Unread 08-06-2013, 04:07 PM   #289
tommudd
2004 KJ Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by brendanc View Post
This is my jeep after the JBA 4" lift with adjustments/alignment. Sitting at 21.5" in the front 22.5" in the back.

http://i.imgur.com/fvnFgs0.jpg
Need to crank it on up, 21.5 is only a 2.5 inch lift ( from new stock height) , you can go more
Unread 08-06-2013, 07:12 PM   #290
Luke09
2005 KJ Liberty 

I was gonna say .. that's not a 4" lift .. looks good though
Unread 08-07-2013, 01:17 PM   #291
brendanc
2002 KJ Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke09 View Post
I was gonna say .. that's not a 4" lift .. looks good though
Quote:
Originally Posted by tommudd View Post
Need to crank it on up, 21.5 is only a 2.5 inch lift ( from new stock height) , you can go more
I will lift it up a little more in the future. Right now it is a lot higher than my old '2.5"' lift was and I'm still getting used to it. Also, I'd have to have it aligned again...

Another issue is I need to macguiver the adjustment ring tools to give more leverage (i'm thinking a pipe will do), because it became increasingly difficult to turn when I got it to where it is now.
Unread 08-07-2013, 01:31 PM   #292
tommudd
2004 KJ Liberty 

Quote:
I will lift it up a little more in the future. Right now it is a lot higher than my old '2.5"' lift was and I'm still getting used to it. Also, I'd have to have it aligned again...

Another issue is I need to macguiver the adjustment ring tools to give more leverage (i'm thinking a pipe will do), because it became increasingly difficult to turn when I got it to where it is now.
Just lift the front off of the ground and run them up to where you want them, very easy to turn that way
Unread 08-07-2013, 02:32 PM   #293
brendanc
2002 KJ Liberty 

Quote:
Just lift the front off of the ground and run them up to where you want them, very easy to turn that way
Yes, I did lift each side up and adjust. Driver's side was pie, but passenger side was very difficult after I got down 1.5" on the threads. Not sure why. Still turnable, but really put a lot of pressure on my palms even with thick leather gloves. With more than 8" of leverage I think they will go down easier.
Unread 08-08-2013, 09:05 PM   #294
RogueKJ
2004 KJ Liberty 

Here my Libby 2.5 daystar for now 18 inch wheels running 275/65r18
image.jpg

RogueKJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-08-2013, 09:31 PM   #295
tommudd
2004 KJ Liberty 

Quote:
Yes, I did lift each side up and adjust. Driver's side was pie, but passenger side was very difficult after I got down 1.5" on the threads. Not sure why. Still turnable, but really put a lot of pressure on my palms even with thick leather gloves. With more than 8" of leverage I think they will go down easier.
Don't force it, has to be an issue you don't want to mess up the threads , back it up and lube it good and try again
Unread 08-09-2013, 01:50 PM   #296
brendanc
2002 KJ Liberty 

Quote:
Don't force it, has to be an issue you don't want to mess up the threads , back it up and lube it good and try again
I wasn't forcing it, it just felt like the spring was pushing back harder than it was on the driver's side. At the top of the threads it turns like butter so I'm fairly positive the threads aren't cross threaded (I think I'd notice going down anyway). The lock ring also goes down perfectly fine as well. It could just be an issue that lube will fix.
Unread 08-19-2013, 09:34 AM   #297
Myusername1674
Web Wheeler

1995 ZJ 

I hope you KJ guys don't mind me posting this, and I'm sure you've all seen this bad *** BDS KJ, but I wanted to post it anyways 'cause it's just so awesome!

My 5.9 swap (in progress)

Want your zj to be doorless in 60 seconds?
Myusername1674 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-20-2013, 07:27 PM   #298
tommudd
2004 KJ Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myusername1674 View Post
I hope you KJ guys don't mind me posting this, and I'm sure you've all seen this bad *** BDS KJ, but I wanted to post it anyways 'cause it's just so awesome!
been posted before but thats OK
You should see it in person
Unread 08-21-2013, 07:24 AM   #299
Myusername1674
Web Wheeler

1995 ZJ 

Quote:
been posted before but thats OK
You should see it in person
I figured it probably had! Oh man I'd love too, that things a beauty.

My 5.9 swap (in progress)

Want your zj to be doorless in 60 seconds?
Myusername1674 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-24-2013, 08:02 PM   #300
tommudd
2004 KJ Liberty 

Was up in Pa for a while and went down to Md to see a buddy of mine, no offroad pics but .....his is the black one
Oh wait his is the one in back

Heres mine with the 4 inch JBA and 32s sitting next to JBAs 6 inch and 33s

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.