Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

Lets See All Your Lifted Liberty KJ's!!!

820K views 541 replies 193 participants last post by  Jahson50 
#1 ·
I'm getting some new 31" Goodyear Duratrac shoes for the CRD in a couple days and wanted to see what others have done and what it might look like afterwords. Noticed there are alot of other vehicle specific lift threads here, but none here for KJ's. Sure, a generic owners pic thread, but none specifically for lifted Liberty's with bigger tires. I'll go 1st!!!

Stock (the day I brought it home)

Lifted 2.5" on 235/75-16 Firestone AT's

See less See more
#41 · (Edited)
I've been running BFG T/A's for pretty much 2 decades on every Jeep I've owned. Best all around street/offroad tire IMHO. Every now and then I give something else a try, but I always end up dissapointed and go back to the BFG's. For example when I got the Rubicon rims they had a set of Goodyear MTR's on them, so I left them on, they'll be coming off shortly and back to the BFG's (the MTR is way too noisy of a tire on cement, and they sucked in the rain, wasn't even going to wait for snow. The BFG's are quiet compared to any other all-terrain tire, they have very good traction in all conditions. The only draw back with them is that they aren't 'great' in the mud, they do pretty good, but are no match for a mud terrain tire (the T/A's will turn into a mud donut).

#48 ·

Pic from a recent hunting trip, 2nd one since getting the F***in FrankinLift installed:thumbdown:,,,lower A-arms are still making contact with the sway bar despite tweaking and re-torqing everything, NO help from their customer service,,all I get is "We've never heard of that before"
Other than the big clunks and thumps it is doing well.

I also added a set of Rocky Road heavy duty roof rails,,stock ones are plastic at the ends/mounts,,, and bed-lined the roof for durability when hauling gear.

#49 ·

Pic from a recent camping trip, 2nd one since getting the F***in FrankinLift installed:thumbdown:,,,lower A-arms are still making contact with the sway bar despite tweaking and re-torqing everything, NO help from their customer service,,all I get is "We've never heard of that before"
Other than the clunks and thumps it is doing well.
The alignment is the cause of your noise,a good alignment tech(and one that knows lifted KJ's) can make that noise disappear with a few mins on the alignment rack.

#55 ·
I'll make these suggestions to the tech at the shop when I take it in for a check, a warranty of 6 months or better is a primary reason I picked this shop, I put a LOT of miles on the Lib and push it pretty hard when camping/hunting so I usually get the alignment done more than once a year, especially if I notice tire wear.

#57 ·
Lots of places do alignments, few know how to do an alignment on a lifted KJ the right way. I have a shop close by that I take all of the ones I lift to and never have a problem. One of my friends had been going other places and it never felt right, one trip to the shop I use and he said it drove like it did when he bought it!

#61 ·
Front Suspension Modifications

- 2.5" Front Lift by removing factory front strut assembly, re-using the factory strut mount, both top and bottom factory spring isolators, factory clevis, and installing the following parts;

- Rancho RSX 17505 Front Struts - Jeep Liberty lift kits, Specializing in upper control arms and axle swaps for Jeep Independent Front Suspensions

- OME 927 HD Front Coils - Jeep Liberty lift kits, Specializing in upper control arms and axle swaps for Jeep Independent Front Suspensions

- Teraflex 1903200 Bump Stops - Trailquest Jeep Parts and Jeep Accessories for 4WD and Off-Road Vehicles

Rear Suspension Modifications

- 2.5" Rear Lift by removing factory rear shocks and coils, re-using the factory spring isolators, and installing the following parts;

- OME 948 Rear Coils - Jeep Liberty lift kits, Specializing in upper control arms and axle swaps for Jeep Independent Front Suspensions

- Skyjacker Hydro H7088 Rear Shocks - Jeep Liberty lift kits, Specializing in upper control arms and axle swaps for Jeep Independent Front Suspensions

- 2 Extra Upper Isolators to level out - OEM

- 3 Hockey Pucks added as Bump Stops to the lower coil mounts to prevent over compressing the Rear Coils.

#62 ·
I used a preassembled kit by the name of Franken lift, sold via All J's Products (All J Products - Aftermarket Jeep Products, Boulder Bars, Bumpers, Jeep Lift Kits, Skid Plates and MORE!)

It is all OME (Old Man Emu) well, almost all. You can buy this kit entirely separately if you wish and reuse your stock top plates etc, similar to how sweepnchoke mentioend. Mine Is:

OME HD front spring 927 and HD/ OME Strut, preassembled this has included a top strut plate and a spacer.

OME HD rear spring 948 w/ OME 132L shock.

Additionally I have two extra iso's in the rear to level.

Extended bumpstops front and rear (rear come with the kit, front are Teraflex).

It was more expensive to go with this as a preassembled kit, but I didn't have to have the front assembly put together by a shop either with all the parts and pieces. It was worth it to me.

#63 ·
Jeepkj617... Im running rancho rsx 17505 up front with 2" bds coils and 1.5" daystar internal strut spacers. Also a set of JBA upper control arms to get my alignment into spec. For the rear I have rancho rsx shocks (I forget the model number) with 2" bds coils and a 2" daystar coil spacer. Also a piece of scrap 1/2" plate cut and drilled to extend the y-link in the rear. Sits roughly at 4 inches over oe and can clear 32" tires with some minor clearancing.

#68 ·
Have them sitting on my back seat for the front, waiting on my friend to put his 4.88's in so I can have his 4.10's for my rear.

#70 ·
Nope. Trying to survive the winter on the factory aluminum diff. If all goes to plan full widths are coming in spring.

#71 ·
Our Frankenlifted 2004 Sport

Just under 4 inches of lift.
In addition to the Frankenlift (Rancho Shocks), it's got 16mm. Clevis lift.
2 additional rear isolators, shaved CV's, Al's Gen 4.5 Upper Control Arms.

Attachments

#72 ·
My 02 Jeep Liberty Renegade!!:)

ARB Air Lockers front and rear, Dana 44s front and rear, ARB Deluxe Bull Bar Bumper, Custom-created Frankenlift, 3-link setup, Bilstein coilovers and shocks front and rear, warn winch with green synthetic winch line, boulder bar rocker guards, currie antirock sway bars!

#74 ·

ARB Air Lockers front and rear, Dana 44s front and rear, ARB Deluxe Bull Bar Bumper, Custom-created Frankenlift, 3-link setup, Bilstein coilovers and shocks front and rear, warn winch with green synthetic winch line, boulder bar rocker guards, currie antirock sway bars!
So you swapped in a D44 front in place of the bent HP30 that was in there when sold?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.