Left Turn Signal Not Working - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KJ Liberty Forum > Left Turn Signal Not Working

Premium LED Lighting by VISION X, Proudly sold at ROCKRIDGFS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectCess Recovery Gear Snatch Tow Strap OffRoad @ ROCKRIDGE4WD

Unread 11-23-2008, 05:22 PM   #1
RMRSRT
2002 KJ Liberty 

Left Turn Signal Not Working

Hey guyz I'm a newbie to this site but I spend most of my time at the grand cherokee srt8 forum. Anywayz I have 02 Liberty Renegade that I use as my daily driver. A few weeks ago my left turn signal stopped working. It does not work with my hazards, my key fob, or the turn signal switch. I replaced all the left bulbs both front and back and have yet to find a fuse that relates to the blinker. The little arrow in the flash does'nt flash either. Any ideas maybe I'm missing something. Damn do I hate electrical gremlins.
Thanx In Advance for any thoughts.

RMRSRT is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-25-2008, 10:25 AM   #2
RBPARROT
2005 KJ Liberty 

I have a similar problem. My small center left turn signal on the side of the jeep is not working. It does not work with the hazzard light either. Does anyone know where the ground is located for it? I would imagine that there is one fuse for all 6 turning light, correct?

2006 Liberty 2.8 CRD Limited Blue
RBPARROT is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-25-2008, 01:05 PM   #3
Jakked

Prob not a fuse. Check your relays.
1986 Trooper 2.3L I-4 4x4 5-sp
Jakked is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-25-2008, 07:10 PM   #4
RMRSRT
2002 KJ Liberty 

I'm starting to think that my Flasher went bad. Does anyone know where they are located and how to get to them. I'd like to replace them before I bring it somewhere and get raped for a diagnostics and repair.
RMRSRT is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-20-2014, 08:16 PM   #5
Myed98tj
1998 TJ Wrangler 

I have a 98 wrangler tj. The left turn signal is not working, it is not the bulbs or the flasher relay, and it's not showing up on the dashboard either. Help me please.
Myed98tj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-20-2014, 08:52 PM   #6
remmons
Some assembly required.
2002 KJ Liberty 

As crazy as this sounds, your problem may be in the turn signal switch itself. A contact might have worn or a spring may have failed. The only drawback is that you have to replace the entire assembly as that it is a unitized unit that also contains your headlight switch and the wiper switch(s). You will have to remove your steering wheel, but you have to follow the instructions on disarming your airbags first.

I am by no means a professional. I know just enough to get myself into trouble.

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f12/i...t-case-989208/
remmons is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-21-2014, 03:16 AM   #7
Billwill
2002 KJ Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by remmons View Post
As crazy as this sounds, your problem may be in the turn signal switch itself. A contact might have worn or a spring may have failed. The only drawback is that you have to replace the entire assembly as that it is a unitized unit that also contains your headlight switch and the wiper switch(s). You will have to remove your steering wheel, but you have to follow the instructions on disarming your airbags first.
No I do not think it is the Multifunction Switch as the Hazard Flasher should work even if you pull out the Multifunction switch.

To the OP:

I would first suspect the wiring coming out of the Hazard Switch to the Left turn signal, the Dark Green/Red wire on pin 7 of the Hazard Switch/Combination Flasher. Put a meter on this pin 7 and check if you get +12 volts there when the Hazard switch is pressed or when the Left Turn Stalk is activated...if +12 volts is there then there is a break in your wiring coming out of the Flasher Switch.

If +12 volts is not on this pin seven then the Hazard Switch is defective.
img_0001.jpg

img_0002.jpg

Unread 05-21-2014, 08:18 AM   #8
remmons
Some assembly required.
2002 KJ Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billwill View Post
No I do not think it is the Multifunction Switch as the Hazard Flasher should work even if you pull out the Multifunction switch.

To the OP:

I would first suspect the wiring coming out of the Hazard Switch to the Left turn signal, the Dark Green/Red wire on pin 7 of the Hazard Switch/Combination Flasher. Put a meter on this pin 7 and check if you get +12 volts there when the Hazard switch is pressed or when the Left Turn Stalk is activated...if +12 volts is there then there is a break in your wiring coming out of the Flasher Switch.

If +12 volts is not on this pin seven then the Hazard Switch is defective.
Good point. But since I use to work at an auto parts store years ago, we use to diagnose and sell the turn signal switches and cams. When any of my vehicles had failed to operate on one side or the other, the fix has always been a new turn signal switch. BUT, with the Liberty, I am learning that the Hazard switch "could" be the culprit. I will follow along on this thread and see what the OP comes up with when he repairs the problem.

The OP hasn't stated if all of his flashers work with the Hazards on.

Unread 05-21-2014, 09:25 AM   #9
brendanc
2002 KJ Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by remmons View Post
Good point. But since I use to work at an auto parts store years ago, we use to diagnose and sell the turn signal switches and cams. When any of my vehicles had failed to operate on one side or the other, the fix has always been a new turn signal switch. BUT, with the Liberty, I am learning that the Hazard switch "could" be the culprit. I will follow along on this thread and see what the OP comes up with when he repairs the problem.

The OP hasn't stated if all of his flashers work with the Hazards on.
He did say it didnt work with hazards on, which I think implies that the passenger side was working with hazards on.
Unread 05-21-2014, 10:05 AM   #10
remmons
Some assembly required.
2002 KJ Liberty 

As I reread the thread I see that they have. I have overlooked that when I made my comment. My bad. I concur with your diagnosis.

Unread 05-22-2014, 02:38 AM   #11
Billwill
2002 KJ Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by RBPARROT View Post
I have a similar problem. My small center left turn signal on the side of the jeep is not working. It does not work with the hazzard light either. Does anyone know where the ground is located for it? I would imagine that there is one fuse for all 6 turning light, correct?
Yep would be only one fuse probably...I will check the circuit diagram!

Put a voltmeter across the offending bulb and see if you pick up 12 volts there.

Then move the ground lead of your meter to a good clean chassis point....if you now pick up 12 volts on your meter then the ground is missing.

Easyist thing for a missing ground is to make up a new one from any nearby good clean chassis or body part.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.