KK Liberty Front Bumper Removal - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KJ Liberty Forum > KK Liberty Front Bumper Removal

XJ Rail Sale!The Ruffstuff NOT Universal 4 Link Kit!Vanco Big Brake Kit Promotion!

Unread 03-29-2009, 09:44 PM   #1
diggerfreek
2008 KK Liberty 

KK Liberty Front Bumper Removal

Ok this is going to be short and sweet for right now. I will expand it in a couple of days over on the L.O.S.T web site

First, Tools needed

First using the pick tool, push out the center of the 2 pom rivets that secure the rear of the fender flare to the bumper

Next remove the 3 fasteners that hold the splash guard to the bumper. They pop open like this

Now move the splash guard behind the tire and remove the 10mm bolt that is located by the turn signal

Move to the front of the KK and remove the 2 push pin style fasteners that are located by the P/S cooler

Once those are gone cut the pom rivets that secure the splash guard to the bumper

Now comes the hard part. There are 3 butterfly plastic spring clips that hold the front of the flare to the bumper. If you snake your hand behind the bumper from the bottom, you can release the bottom one. Once you get that one, either use a small pick and try to release each finger on the other two, or use a small pich and try to release the clip from the flare. If you do the latter of the two, depress the little nubs and push the clip towards the rear of the KK.

After you reach this point, you are almost done. Now move to one side of the bumper and pull on the bumper while moving the flare out of the way. Release the turn signal wire and marker light wires and pull the bumper out to the point that it is clear of the flare. Repeat for the other side. Now just wiggle the bumper back and forth till the bottom clips release and you are done.

diggerfreek is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-30-2009, 09:16 AM   #2
tk421
2008 KK Liberty 

This is exactly what i was looking for! Thanks a lot diggerfreek
tk421 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-30-2009, 06:22 PM   #3
diggerfreek
2008 KK Liberty 

no problem guys and gals
Unread 03-30-2009, 06:42 PM   #4
N8FIS
2004 KJ Liberty 

Question, Does the bumper have to be removed to install tow hooks on my 04 Liberty?
I just ordered them and will have them in a couple of days..

Thanks for any replys..
N8FIS is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-30-2009, 07:00 PM   #5
diggerfreek
2008 KK Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by N8FIS View Post
Question, Does the bumper have to be removed to install tow hooks on my 04 Liberty?
I just ordered them and will have them in a couple of days..

Thanks for any replys..

As far as I know, yes
Unread 03-31-2009, 12:16 AM   #6
icarl
2002 KJ Liberty 

You shouldn't have to remove your bumper to install the tow hooks. I didn't on my 02.
icarl is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-03-2012, 05:42 PM   #7
LibertyRS
2012 KK Liberty 

Do i have to take my bumper off to remove the lower grill that covers bottom of the radiator?
LibertyRS is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-23-2013, 11:54 AM   #8
bwsooner6
2008 KK Liberty 

All the clips and such removed as said before, but can't seem to get my bumper to remove

Someone please help, when I try pulling on one side I can't seem to get it to break free from the flare.
At The Helm Roof Rack & Front Recovery System
bwsooner6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.