KJ Owners Pictures - Page 20 - JeepForum.com

 1Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #286 of 489 Old 02-19-2013, 06:54 PM
ricci2424
Registered User
2005 KJ Liberty 
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 97
Very nice and clean. Looks great and I actually like the tire cover.

ricci2424 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #287 of 489 Old 03-05-2013, 07:31 AM
jedi105
Registered User
2005 KJ Liberty 
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Mastic Beach
Posts: 29
Hello all. Newbie to the forum. Looking at all of these wonderful pics of some wicked looking Liberty's here. Love the off road pics. I have a new to me 2005 Liberty Sport 3.7 that is probably 100% stock. Stock tires, rims, no tow hitch or hooks. Nothing. Just a base Jeep Liberty. I intend to lift her slightly once I can convince the wife. I'm interested in some off roading but you have to know, I'm a wuss. I have never been off road beyond a dirt road or 2. After Sandy, my home area is still a little beat up so there are some dirt roads still a little flooded out, thats really all. I want to take it on some easy trails but I'm super nervous. The question I have is, considering the stock nature of Lady Liberty (I'm a romantic), where can I go and where cant I go. I'm hoping beach running will be possible but I'm not sure if I should let the air out. I have seen others on the beach with full tire pressure. Also, thinking about some wooded trails where the biggest issue might be deep puddles and swamping out. Perhaps even some carriage wheel ruts and stuff. I dont intend to climb rocks, not in stock mode anyway, but I'm sure to hit s a few in the wooded trails. I'm on Long Island so there is not much to do here, but upstate NY is not out of the question. I see some of the pics here seem to be stock Liberty's and they look like they are doing amazing things. I want an honest opinion. How off road capable are these things, really. In stock mode. I'm a scuba diver and I have to occasionally have to run small trails to get to the dive site but again, nothing more than a dirt road. I have seen some of the pictures where it looks like the rear wheels are moving at different angles (is this possible on a stock Liberty?). Sorry for the Noob questions. Gotta learn somehow, right. Thanks for the time. Oh, not sure if it matters but the old girl has 162k miles on her. Maybe that will mean I shouldnt even try. Again. New to Jeeps.

Steve
Attached Thumbnails
new1.jpg   IMG_20130223_104749_415.jpg   IMG_20130215_150515_880.jpg  

Last edited by jedi105; 03-05-2013 at 07:41 AM.
jedi105 is offline  
post #288 of 489 Old 03-06-2013, 11:54 AM
splumer
Registered User
2005 KJ Liberty 
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Cleveland
Posts: 101
Quote:
Originally Posted by jedi105 View Post
After Sandy, my home area is still a little beat up so there are some dirt roads still a little flooded out, thats really all. I want to take it on some easy trails but I'm super nervous. The question I have is, considering the stock nature of Lady Liberty (I'm a romantic), where can I go and where cant I go. Steve
Flooded out dirt roads sound like a good place to start. I also have an 05. Take it slow at first, and don't take any chances. Independent suspensions (like the Liberty) are more fragile than solid axles (like the Wrangler) so you need to take it easy, but Libbies can do just fine. Don't go alone, though, in case you get stuck and need a push/pull, at least until you have a winch. Until then, you might want to bring some of the stuff you'd keep in the car in winter, like a bag of sand or rock salt, and maybe a couple of pieces of plywood to wedge under stuck tires.

Gradually you'll learn where you can and can't go. Oh, BTW, regarding waiting for your wife to approve the lift, it's easier to ask forgiveness than permission.

"Iíve had a few weird experiences and a few close brushes with total weirdness of one sort or another, but nothing thatís really freaked me out or made me feel too awful about it. "
- Jerry Garcia
splumer is offline  
post #289 of 489 Old 03-08-2013, 06:25 AM
jedi105
Registered User
2005 KJ Liberty 
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Mastic Beach
Posts: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by splumer View Post
Oh, BTW, regarding waiting for your wife to approve the lift, it's easier to ask forgiveness than permission.
Yeah....been there, done that. LOL....Hey, I'm my house, I am the Captain.......She's the Admiral
jedi105 is offline  
post #290 of 489 Old 03-08-2013, 09:07 AM
jopina7807
Registered User
2007 KJ Liberty 
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Honolulu
Posts: 87
Quote:
Originally Posted by jedi105
Hello all. Newbie to the forum. Looking at all of these wonderful pics of some wicked looking Liberty's here. Love the off road pics. I have a new to me 2005 Liberty Sport 3.7 that is probably 100% stock. Stock tires, rims, no tow hitch or hooks. Nothing. Just a base Jeep Liberty. I intend to lift her slightly once I can convince the wife. I'm interested in some off roading but you have to know, I'm a wuss. I have never been off road beyond a dirt road or 2. After Sandy, my home area is still a little beat up so there are some dirt roads still a little flooded out, thats really all. I want to take it on some easy trails but I'm super nervous. The question I have is, considering the stock nature of Lady Liberty (I'm a romantic), where can I go and where cant I go. I'm hoping beach running will be possible but I'm not sure if I should let the air out. I have seen others on the beach with full tire pressure. Also, thinking about some wooded trails where the biggest issue might be deep puddles and swamping out. Perhaps even some carriage wheel ruts and stuff. I dont intend to climb rocks, not in stock mode anyway, but I'm sure to hit s a few in the wooded trails. I'm on Long Island so there is not much to do here, but upstate NY is not out of the question. I see some of the pics here seem to be stock Liberty's and they look like they are doing amazing things. I want an honest opinion. How off road capable are these things, really. In stock mode. I'm a scuba diver and I have to occasionally have to run small trails to get to the dive site but again, nothing more than a dirt road. I have seen some of the pictures where it looks like the rear wheels are moving at different angles (is this possible on a stock Liberty?). Sorry for the Noob questions. Gotta learn somehow, right. Thanks for the time. Oh, not sure if it matters but the old girl has 162k miles on her. Maybe that will mean I shouldnt even try. Again. New to Jeeps.

Steve
Another Hawaii jeep huh? That's big kine news bruddah!
jopina7807 is offline  
post #291 of 489 Old 03-08-2013, 01:43 PM
jedi105
Registered User
2005 KJ Liberty 
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Mastic Beach
Posts: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by jopina7807 View Post
Another Hawaii jeep huh? That's big kine news bruddah!
I know. What are the odds that I would be shopping for a used vehicle in New York and I would find a Jeep with stickers from dive shops that I used to rent from on it. I lived in Hawaii for 12 years and I would have loved doing some off road on the North Shore.

The stickers were really the deciding factor when I bought this. I was looking at a Dodge Ram 1500 (red one next to mine in the pic) but once I saw the Dive logos, I knew this bruddah was Da kine. Gotta love my little Android shaka on the other side...lol
jedi105 is offline  
post #292 of 489 Old 03-24-2013, 10:38 AM
MSchneid
Registered User
2012 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Pittsburgh
Posts: 59
Just picked up this 2006

Started by painting the wheels and AVS tail lights. Getting intake, hitch, mud mats, spare tire cover and other little goodies.

MSchneid is offline  
post #293 of 489 Old 03-26-2013, 02:22 PM
ricci2424
Registered User
2005 KJ Liberty 
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 97
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chero40L
Out with the XJ in with the KJ. I do miss my Cherokee but she was rusting way too bad and was over 200k, and my DD. traded for an 2006 Liberty 65th Anniversary Edition. Jeep green color, alloys MoonRoof, and 55k miles, 1 owner, showroom quality shine with no body defects or scratches that I could find. Whomever had it babied the hell out of it.

Added a roof basket, hitch, short rubber antenna, snazzer wheel cover to start. Mechanically, she runs amazing. Flushed out the tranny, front and rear diff., t-case, and synthetic motor oil.

I love this beast!
Where did you get the shorty antenna? Been wanting to put one on mine. I hate the long one.
ricci2424 is offline  
post #294 of 489 Old 03-29-2013, 12:39 PM
johnnymoe1974
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 72
what do the call the plastic thing on the roof of the renegade??? i recently traded mine in but still have that piece anyone interested?
johnnymoe1974 is offline  
post #295 of 489 Old 03-29-2013, 05:21 PM
johnnymoe1974
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 72
looks great

reminds me of my renegade what do you call that plastic thing on the top? i have one and was going to sell but dont know what it is called lol thanks



Quote:
Originally Posted by Fouros View Post
here is my Aus version





4.10 ratios
DTT up front
Gibson Airflow snork ( prototype )
265/70R16 Hankook MT RT 03's
Moabs
TJM T17 front bumper
johnnymoe1974 is offline  
post #296 of 489 Old 03-29-2013, 06:13 PM
johnnymoe1974
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 72
old jeep

still miss it
Attached Thumbnails
renegade.jpg  
johnnymoe1974 is offline  
post #297 of 489 Old 04-08-2013, 05:23 AM
JeepWKHemi
Registered User
2006 WK 
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Monticello
Posts: 114
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnymoe1974 View Post
reminds me of my renegade what do you call that plastic thing on the top? i have one and was going to sell but dont know what it is called lol thanks
A roof rack or roof rails, depending on if you have the cross members or not.

2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 5.7 Hemi QDII
2015 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk
JeepWKHemi is offline  
post #298 of 489 Old 04-11-2013, 06:05 AM
PanosKJ
Registered User
2005 KJ Liberty 
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Athens
Posts: 30
@ 2007 KJ Liberty
...I loved your inferno red KJ!!!! Please I'd like you to tell me info about the rear wind deflector (?).... like the part code, price, aplication dificultiew, if it is Mopar part, etc.... thanx very much in advance!

Jeep. There's only one!
PanosKJ is offline  
post #299 of 489 Old 04-11-2013, 08:14 PM
shaneybrainy13
Registered User
2005 KJ Liberty 
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Albuquerque
Posts: 2
Everything is stock, this was my first time "off roading" it was really just a kind of rocky dirt trail with a few fairly steep hills. It was fun!
Attached Thumbnails
551305_628884300460336_497435714_n.jpg  

Yeah, I own a Liberty. Yes, it's stock. Yes, it's engine only produces 210 horsepower, but don't underestimate it. You'll be surprised what it can do.
shaneybrainy13 is offline  
post #300 of 489 Old 04-15-2013, 11:27 AM
0uTkAsT
Registered User
2007 KJ Liberty 
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Chandler
Posts: 60
Hi guys! First time Jeep owner. Here's my '07 Liberty Sport 4X4, three days old (to me) only 64k miles. So far I love it! I have a few mods in mind but nothing significant for a while... I have a baby on the way so this is our new family vehicle.


'07 KJ 4X4 - Front & Rear Tow Hooks - Rightline Roof Carrier - aFe Pro-Guard Drop-In - Full Mopar Skids - Custom Phone Mount - 400W Inverter - Clevis - Top Plate - Isos - 16x7" Black Rock Lobos - Gorilla Lugs - Planned: Trimmed Bumper, Dynomax Muffler, Soundstream H/U, 15W Reverse Lights, Airflow Snorkel, Lund Catch-All Xtreme Floor Liners
0uTkAsT is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.



Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Jeep Forums Replies Last Post
KJ owners please help. jeepinuvalde KJ Liberty Forum 1 01-20-2009 05:03 PM
CRD Owners fdonham KJ Liberty Forum 22 04-23-2007 04:05 PM
'06 Liberty CRD Owners glaspak845 KJ Liberty Forum 4 11-19-2005 12:21 AM
CRD Owners ranger1 KJ Liberty Forum 2 04-15-2005 05:30 PM
CRD Owners? cowcreek jeep KJ Liberty Forum 15 03-03-2005 12:40 PM

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome