KJ Owners Pictures - Page 20 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KJ Liberty Forum > KJ Owners Pictures

Gear Packages Available! Your # 1 Diff Shop is ROCKRIDGE 4ROCKRIDGE4WD Introduces a NEW Jeep Wrangler JK *led* tail Engo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shipp

Unread 02-19-2013, 06:54 PM   #286
ricci2424
2005 KJ Liberty 

Very nice and clean. Looks great and I actually like the tire cover.

ricci2424 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-05-2013, 07:31 AM   #287
jedi105
2005 KJ Liberty 

Hello all. Newbie to the forum. Looking at all of these wonderful pics of some wicked looking Liberty's here. Love the off road pics. I have a new to me 2005 Liberty Sport 3.7 that is probably 100% stock. Stock tires, rims, no tow hitch or hooks. Nothing. Just a base Jeep Liberty. I intend to lift her slightly once I can convince the wife. I'm interested in some off roading but you have to know, I'm a wuss. I have never been off road beyond a dirt road or 2. After Sandy, my home area is still a little beat up so there are some dirt roads still a little flooded out, thats really all. I want to take it on some easy trails but I'm super nervous. The question I have is, considering the stock nature of Lady Liberty (I'm a romantic), where can I go and where cant I go. I'm hoping beach running will be possible but I'm not sure if I should let the air out. I have seen others on the beach with full tire pressure. Also, thinking about some wooded trails where the biggest issue might be deep puddles and swamping out. Perhaps even some carriage wheel ruts and stuff. I dont intend to climb rocks, not in stock mode anyway, but I'm sure to hit s a few in the wooded trails. I'm on Long Island so there is not much to do here, but upstate NY is not out of the question. I see some of the pics here seem to be stock Liberty's and they look like they are doing amazing things. I want an honest opinion. How off road capable are these things, really. In stock mode. I'm a scuba diver and I have to occasionally have to run small trails to get to the dive site but again, nothing more than a dirt road. I have seen some of the pictures where it looks like the rear wheels are moving at different angles (is this possible on a stock Liberty?). Sorry for the Noob questions. Gotta learn somehow, right. Thanks for the time. Oh, not sure if it matters but the old girl has 162k miles on her. Maybe that will mean I shouldnt even try. Again. New to Jeeps.

Steve
new1.jpg   img_20130223_104749_415.jpg   img_20130215_150515_880.jpg  

Last edited by jedi105; 03-05-2013 at 07:41 AM..
jedi105 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-06-2013, 11:54 AM   #288
splumer
2005 KJ Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedi105 View Post
After Sandy, my home area is still a little beat up so there are some dirt roads still a little flooded out, thats really all. I want to take it on some easy trails but I'm super nervous. The question I have is, considering the stock nature of Lady Liberty (I'm a romantic), where can I go and where cant I go. Steve
Flooded out dirt roads sound like a good place to start. I also have an 05. Take it slow at first, and don't take any chances. Independent suspensions (like the Liberty) are more fragile than solid axles (like the Wrangler) so you need to take it easy, but Libbies can do just fine. Don't go alone, though, in case you get stuck and need a push/pull, at least until you have a winch. Until then, you might want to bring some of the stuff you'd keep in the car in winter, like a bag of sand or rock salt, and maybe a couple of pieces of plywood to wedge under stuck tires.

Gradually you'll learn where you can and can't go. Oh, BTW, regarding waiting for your wife to approve the lift, it's easier to ask forgiveness than permission.
Unread 03-08-2013, 06:25 AM   #289
jedi105
2005 KJ Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by splumer View Post
Oh, BTW, regarding waiting for your wife to approve the lift, it's easier to ask forgiveness than permission.
Yeah....been there, done that. LOL....Hey, I'm my house, I am the Captain.......She's the Admiral
Unread 03-08-2013, 09:07 AM   #290
jopina7807
2007 KJ Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedi105
Hello all. Newbie to the forum. Looking at all of these wonderful pics of some wicked looking Liberty's here. Love the off road pics. I have a new to me 2005 Liberty Sport 3.7 that is probably 100% stock. Stock tires, rims, no tow hitch or hooks. Nothing. Just a base Jeep Liberty. I intend to lift her slightly once I can convince the wife. I'm interested in some off roading but you have to know, I'm a wuss. I have never been off road beyond a dirt road or 2. After Sandy, my home area is still a little beat up so there are some dirt roads still a little flooded out, thats really all. I want to take it on some easy trails but I'm super nervous. The question I have is, considering the stock nature of Lady Liberty (I'm a romantic), where can I go and where cant I go. I'm hoping beach running will be possible but I'm not sure if I should let the air out. I have seen others on the beach with full tire pressure. Also, thinking about some wooded trails where the biggest issue might be deep puddles and swamping out. Perhaps even some carriage wheel ruts and stuff. I dont intend to climb rocks, not in stock mode anyway, but I'm sure to hit s a few in the wooded trails. I'm on Long Island so there is not much to do here, but upstate NY is not out of the question. I see some of the pics here seem to be stock Liberty's and they look like they are doing amazing things. I want an honest opinion. How off road capable are these things, really. In stock mode. I'm a scuba diver and I have to occasionally have to run small trails to get to the dive site but again, nothing more than a dirt road. I have seen some of the pictures where it looks like the rear wheels are moving at different angles (is this possible on a stock Liberty?). Sorry for the Noob questions. Gotta learn somehow, right. Thanks for the time. Oh, not sure if it matters but the old girl has 162k miles on her. Maybe that will mean I shouldnt even try. Again. New to Jeeps.

Steve
Another Hawaii jeep huh? That's big kine news bruddah!
jopina7807 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-08-2013, 01:43 PM   #291
jedi105
2005 KJ Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jopina7807 View Post
Another Hawaii jeep huh? That's big kine news bruddah!
I know. What are the odds that I would be shopping for a used vehicle in New York and I would find a Jeep with stickers from dive shops that I used to rent from on it. I lived in Hawaii for 12 years and I would have loved doing some off road on the North Shore.

The stickers were really the deciding factor when I bought this. I was looking at a Dodge Ram 1500 (red one next to mine in the pic) but once I saw the Dive logos, I knew this bruddah was Da kine. Gotta love my little Android shaka on the other side...lol
Unread 03-24-2013, 10:38 AM   #292
MSchneid
2012 JK Wrangler 

Just picked up this 2006

Started by painting the wheels and AVS tail lights. Getting intake, hitch, mud mats, spare tire cover and other little goodies.

MSchneid is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-26-2013, 02:22 PM   #293
ricci2424
2005 KJ Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chero40L
Out with the XJ in with the KJ. I do miss my Cherokee but she was rusting way too bad and was over 200k, and my DD. traded for an 2006 Liberty 65th Anniversary Edition. Jeep green color, alloys MoonRoof, and 55k miles, 1 owner, showroom quality shine with no body defects or scratches that I could find. Whomever had it babied the hell out of it.

Added a roof basket, hitch, short rubber antenna, snazzer wheel cover to start. Mechanically, she runs amazing. Flushed out the tranny, front and rear diff., t-case, and synthetic motor oil.

I love this beast!
Where did you get the shorty antenna? Been wanting to put one on mine. I hate the long one.
ricci2424 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-29-2013, 12:39 PM   #294
johnnymoe1974

what do the call the plastic thing on the roof of the renegade??? i recently traded mine in but still have that piece anyone interested?
johnnymoe1974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-29-2013, 05:21 PM   #295
johnnymoe1974

looks great

reminds me of my renegade what do you call that plastic thing on the top? i have one and was going to sell but dont know what it is called lol thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fouros View Post
here is my Aus version

4.10 ratios
DTT up front
Gibson Airflow snork ( prototype )
265/70R16 Hankook MT RT 03's
Moabs
TJM T17 front bumper
Unread 03-29-2013, 06:13 PM   #296
johnnymoe1974

old jeep

still miss it
renegade.jpg  
Unread 04-08-2013, 05:23 AM   #297
JeepWKHemi
2006 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnymoe1974 View Post
reminds me of my renegade what do you call that plastic thing on the top? i have one and was going to sell but dont know what it is called lol thanks
A roof rack or roof rails, depending on if you have the cross members or not.
Unread 04-11-2013, 06:05 AM   #298
PanosKJ
2005 KJ Liberty 

@ 2007 KJ Liberty
...I loved your inferno red KJ!!!! Please I'd like you to tell me info about the rear wind deflector (?).... like the part code, price, aplication dificultiew, if it is Mopar part, etc.... thanx very much in advance!
Unread 04-11-2013, 08:14 PM   #299
shaneybrainy13
2005 KJ Liberty 

Everything is stock, this was my first time "off roading" it was really just a kind of rocky dirt trail with a few fairly steep hills. It was fun!
551305_628884300460336_497435714_n.jpg  
Unread 04-15-2013, 11:27 AM   #300
0uTkAsT
2007 KJ Liberty 

Hi guys! First time Jeep owner. Here's my '07 Liberty Sport 4X4, three days old (to me) only 64k miles. So far I love it! I have a few mods in mind but nothing significant for a while... I have a baby on the way so this is our new family vehicle.

'07 KJ 4X4 - Front & Rear Tow Hooks - Rightline Roof Carrier - aFe Pro-Guard Drop-In - Full Mopar Skids - Custom Phone Mount - 400W Inverter - Clevis - Top Plate - Isos - 16x7" Black Rock Lobos - Gorilla Lugs - Planned: Trimmed Bumper, Dynomax Muffler, Soundstream H/U, 15W Reverse Lights, Airflow Snorkel, Lund Catch-All Xtreme Floor Liners
0uTkAsT is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.