4.10 ratios
DTT up front
Gibson Airflow snork ( prototype )
265/70R16 Hankook MT RT 03's
Moabs
TJM T17 front bumper

Reactions: MOCK005
#10 ·
I am replacing the engine in my truck and decided to have fun with the bumper. It's so heavy though that if I could put it on the jeep, it would most likely bottom out the front suspension. I had to add extra springs on my truck to get it level again.

#11 · (Edited)
5th Birthday

In just another week it will have been five-years that the wife and I bought our KJ. We wanted to get a small to medium size SUV, so on the recommendation of my older brother, on a Sunday we went by our local Jeep dealership to look at the Liberty. The first Jeep I drove as a youth was a Wagoneer, and the KJ reminded me a lot of a more modern Wagoneer.

Now we originally really liked the Limited in Patriot Blue, but on returning to test drive two days later, we only found one Limited with ABS on the lot in Atlantic Blue. We were set on the Patriot Blue, but no dealers around us had that color or anyother with ABS. ABS was kind of on my list of must haves, and at the time it was not a standard feature. So we made the deal and brought home this KJ. :thumbsup:

So I've been meaning to give it a Spring cleaning due to being the all-around family Jeep, from the road salt and dirt inside and out, and not to mention the dog hair. So I pulled out my Zaino polish kit that I used on my Wrangler last summer, and wow; what a shine!

Zaino is not for the faint of heart as it started with two washes, then to clay bar it (which picks up anything such as bugs, road tar, and any other contaminants that normal washing doesn't remove). Then I washed it a third time to remove any clay that was left, and then a light application of a spray that enhances the shine from under the next two polishes. Now the next two different polishes required an hour of time between each before buffing. And then after plenty of buffing, here is the result! I don't recall that the Liberty had this kind of a shine five years ago?!

Along with the outside, I also detailed the inside, which included to wash the windows and catch-all floor mats, vacuum, armor all, and treat the leather. The Liberty has just under 40,000 miles and is in great shape. For all of Chrysler's problems, this is a very well built vehicle and we've had nearly zero issues with it. I was originally thinking after five-years that we would trade it in for a Grand Cherokee with a HEMI, but I just can't justify getting rid of the KJ. It's too nice! :thumbsup:

Plus here is a photo from an almost 3,000 mile road trip to Colorado during winter. Thankfully the KJ has Selec-Trac as I kept the four-wheel full-time engaged for a majority of the trip due to mixed road conditions of snow and ice. Plus with it's REVOS it stuck to the road like glue!

Towing over the Rockies:

#18 ·
Sconroy325 im like 15 minutes from NH, PLLEEASSEEE tell me where those roads are. I will be forever grateful :)

#27 ·
Here are a couple of pictures of my 2002 Jeep Liberty at the Silver Lake sand dunes in Michigan.

Got this one too. Sorry I'm so slow. The latest word is 20 posts and you pics will show up. Just use the img tag.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.