KJ Off road - Route 2002 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KJ Liberty Forum > KJ Off road - Route 2002

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineSteering and more from Ruffstuff!Bushed Sleeves & Poly Bushings!

Unread 04-14-2002, 08:33 PM   #1
LibertyGirl

KJ Off road - Route 2002

Hey everybody,
Wanted to tell you all about my experience. Route 2002 kicked off in Houston,Texas and we went on Sat. DC puts on this ultimate test drive with Dodge and Jeep. Jeep puts on a road test and off road test. I was soooo excited. You can drive a wrangler, cherokee, and liberty. My husband went first in a wrangler. By the way these are stock vehicles. Plus they are not yours so there is no apprehension about what you are doing with them. They had 45 degree embankments, rock crawls, logs crossing, skyview inclines, and whoopie doos. My husband was very impressed and that's hard to do. After he went we got back in line for my turn, in the liberty. I was scared by then, but the liberty did all the work. The guide was great and he talked me through everything. I have never been off road, much less drive that way. But the liberty handled great, all I did was steer. I truly can't do the course justice by my discription but now more than ever I am sure of that vehicles capabilities on and off pavement. The on-road test was great too. They simulate potholes, slalom, 360 degree turning radius and ABS check. The ABS was the best part. I put the pedal to the floor from a dead stop and traveled about 100 feet and then slammmed on the brakes. I mean on a test drive from a dealership are they gonna let you do that!!!!!!!! The next stop for the show is Los Angeles, CA. To found out if they are going to be near you, go to jeep.com and in keyword, type in route 2002. Then call the 1-800 number. I had a ball, we both did. It was very informative and family oriented. Go if you get the chance.

Unread 04-15-2002, 09:30 AM   #2
Kenny 96 XJ

We have a Jeep dealer here in Quebec Ctiy that has a Jeep 101 off-road course right across the street from the garage. They encourage their clients to try the off-road course with their new vehicles and you may also try the demos before you buy!

A lot of people are afraid of taking their vehicles off-road, but courses like these are eye-openers!

Unfortunately, their website is only in french!

<a href="http://www.ollllllo.com" target="_blank">Club Jeep Aventure / Gosselin Jeep</a>

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.