Kj Faq - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KJ Liberty Forum > Kj Faq

Rugged Ridge 07-14 JK Sherpa Roof Rack available @ Oconee Rough Country Lift Kits and Parts!Great prices on seating!--Oconee Off-Road

Unread 10-12-2005, 08:37 AM   #16
Watty

CRD stands for Common Rail Diesel according to Jeep's website.

Last edited by Watty; 11-03-2005 at 01:04 AM..
Watty is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-25-2005, 01:20 PM   #17
MikeJ

FYI: The link under 'Tire Size Chart:' is broken.
MikeJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-25-2005, 01:53 PM   #18
Luther

What tranny does the 05 CRD come with and how is it different if at all from the gas model?
Luther is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-27-2005, 03:43 PM   #19
pbrutsch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luther
What tranny does the 05 CRD come with and how is it different if at all from the gas model?
They have the Chrysler-designed electronic 545RFE 5-speed automatic - the same one found in Hemi-powered Ram trucks.

Gas models have a 5spd manual, 6spd manual (depending on year, 05+ models have the 6spd), or a 4spd auto (42RLE), depending on engine (2.4L I4 is manual only, 3.7L V6 can have either).
Unread 02-18-2006, 07:13 PM   #20
sqliberty

Quote:
Originally Posted by PA_KJ
Here's what I would like to see in an KJ FAQ sticky thread. These questions are asked about once every other week.

What is the difference between lowered and prelowered?

What lifts are available for the KJ?

What is the largest tire size that will fit without rubbing (with and without a lift)?

What changes have occurred between the 2002 and (present year model) KJs?

On my 2002 I have the rocky road OTT lift and I put 255/70/16 Revo's on it and they rub like crazy. I had to cut out some fender and smash back the pinch seam.
I just ordered the Rockfather II Kit and will have it put on next week, let's see if this helps.
sqliberty is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-11-2006, 08:33 AM   #21
Marauderer

05 and 06 CRD's have the 5-45RFE transmission
Marauderer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-07-2006, 08:23 AM   #22
Marauderer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valkraider
Also worth adding, is that the 2005 CRD - despite what the "specs" say - comes with the 16inch ("Mechanica" - optional on Liberty Sport models) wheels and 225/75/R16 tires....

And that the 2005 models have a new plastic kick plate.

And possibly that the Renegade models have different hoods and front grills... (flatter hoods, bigger grills with no fog lights, as they are on the bumper (and a slightly different bumper as well))
For 06's as well.

Also the 05-06 CRD's have the 545RFE 5speed auto trans.

The 06 CRD also has the NV242 transfer case

06 Liberty Limited CRD
04 950A
03 Marauder 300
03 GL1800
Marauderer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-31-2006, 04:12 PM   #23
FifteenCents
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by clicktracy
In Oz we have a 2.5 I4 Turbo Diesel and I read somewhere that CRD stands for common rail direct
I have only heard and read "Common Rail Diesel" that is what is says in the DC broucher

http://www.tjhardcore.com
The ultimate TJ owners only forum
FifteenCents is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-07-2007, 05:55 PM   #24
jelohead
2005 KJ Liberty 

almost a year later.....lol....try the lostkjs.com site for a great bunch of liberty owners, friendly folks (yes, i'm a member), and very willing to help, advise, and lend a hand when able. i would say that nearly any question a KJ owner, or perspective KJ owner might have could be answered on that site.

87 YJ my trail beater 31" MTs
05 KJ my daily driver lifted with MT/Rs
jelohead is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-04-2007, 03:57 PM   #25
WilliamH

Quote:
Originally Posted by LibertyV6
I'll read that link when I get back from work tonight.... Did the 4WD one pass because it was a heavier vehicle than the 2WD---- or because the driver engaged 4-HI in the 2nd test?
It's not because the 4wd is heavier. It's because the center of gravity is lower.

Yes, it's heavier. But the added weight (transfer case, front drive, front driveshaft, etc.) is down low, which is why the center of gravity is lower.
'09 Yamaha Grizzly 550 SE with EPS, winch.
WilliamH is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-15-2007, 02:32 AM   #26
JMMKJ
2006 KJ Liberty 

I have seen something called TRAC-Lock - what is it and how does one find out if their KJ has it?
06 Sport - ARB Ft, Skids, Hitch, Soft8s, Rock Lizard Rear, Thule Roof Rack, Frankenlift II, Al's Uppers, Winch, CB, 245 MT/Rs, Hella 500s
JMMKJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-15-2007, 04:02 PM   #27
WilliamH

Trac Lok is a multiplate clutch type limited slip differential made by the Dana corporation, which is installed in various Dana built Jeep rear differentials.

An open differential (most common type in use) allows a difference in wheel speed between rear wheels (as well as front wheels on a 4wd while 4wd is in use), which is needed to allow the vehicle to corner normally.

However, an open differential can allow the wheel with the least traction to spin, while the wheel with the most traction doesn't get enough torque to propel the vehicle. The most extreme example of this is with one wheel in the air. The wheel in the air will spin, while the one on the ground will be stationary.

The clutch plates in a limited slip differential are packed loose enough to allow a difference in wheel speed when needed (although there will still be some friction). But when there is enough difference in wheel speed, the clutch plates are pressed together tighter, increasing friction, which fights the difference in wheel speed. This allows a certain amount of torque to be transferred to the wheel with traction, which propels the vehicle forward.

There are problems with a clutch type limited slip. One, the clutches can be overcome with too much torque, allowing them to slip, which limites torque transfer. Two, the clutches can overheat, which reduces their effectiveness (until they cool). Three, they will eventually wear out, which reduces their effectiveness permanantly (until they are replaced).

I'm not sure if your KJ would have a Dana Trac Lok. It has a Chrysler 8 1/4" rear differential instead of a Dana differential.

If it has a limited slip differential but doesn't have Trac Lok, it would have Chryslers' brand of limited slip differential (which would be very similar in design). I'm also not sure how to tell on a KJ if it has a limited slip or not, other than actually driving it and experimenting with it to see if it has one. This is where the Jeep experts need to speak up.
'09 Yamaha Grizzly 550 SE with EPS, winch.
WilliamH is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-24-2008, 06:53 AM   #28
NYKJ05
2005 KJ Liberty 

Also add Jeepin by Al's site

http://www.jeepinbyal.com/
NYKJ05 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-11-2008, 10:01 PM   #29
ruff88xj

1992 YJ Wrangler 

It is Common Rail Diesel...but i can see how it can be mistaken for Common Rail Direct...becuase it's a high pressure common rail direct injection fueling system
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/y...92-yj-1766433/
ruff88xj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-10-2008, 01:12 PM   #30
gotazukitoo
2008 KJ Liberty 

anyone know about KK (08libi) gear/info sites. And would Commander parts work on it? For example, bumpers etc...
gotazukitoo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.