KJ Dana 44 Rear - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KJ Liberty Forum > KJ Dana 44 Rear

Dan's Old as Dirt Birthday Sale!Premium LED Lighting by VISION X, Proudly sold at ROCKRIDGGEARSHADE Pocket Tops in stock and available at ROCKRIDGE

Unread 05-26-2013, 08:20 AM   #16
jamesdart
1978 FSJ Wagoneer 

thats exactly what i was thinking, before eaton and detroit merged but i forget when that happened.

jamesdart is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-27-2013, 06:14 PM   #17
jsipe007
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Here are the holes above the yoke. Sorry its not the best picture

jsipe007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-27-2013, 06:15 PM   #18
jsipe007
1994 YJ Wrangler 

And here is the speedo housing on to of the axle:

Unread 06-03-2013, 09:24 AM   #19
jsipe007
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Well jamesdart... I gotta hand it to you. You were dead on! Its a Detroit Electrac locker. Visually it looks similar to the ox locker, but is slightly different in function. Im going to see if I can order the final parts necessary to make it functional. If not, I managed to snag a used OX cover, cable, and shifter, with fork for dirt cheap. Im thinking I may try to adapt the manual shifter to my locker since I would really prefer not to have the electronic solenoid. Unfortunately the shifter location of the ox cover is about a half inch off. I could possibly have it milled out to accept the Detroit Electrac Fork

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.