Kevins off road incompetence - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KJ Liberty Forum > Kevins off road incompetence

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineSavvy/Currie Aluminum Control ArmsRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits

Unread 07-18-2013, 09:09 PM   #31
Jeepguy4276

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjkj2002 View Post
I know of at least 20 one or two man shows that do orders and such over the internet.They do not need anyone else and could hardly afford extra help if they wanted to.Most just do it as a side hobby to make a little extra $$$.

It should be pretty straight foward that most places will be closed for the 4th.It's just been in the last 10 years or so that some have been opened on the 4th,before that no one was hardly open on a big holiday such as the 4th.

You are comparing people who just sells things to make a buck on the side to an actual fulltime business. This is not even close to a valid comparison. It just doesn't even make sense to try and make such a comparison.

He never stated, nor did I, that the business should be expected to be open on the fourth. He never stated he expected that. He expected customer service and processing the days before and following the day of the 4th. You were the one who felt the business and a delay after the 4th and that businesses, and you, do not provide customer service and business services for several days following the 4th.

You also chose to insult him by saying he did not plan ahead. That he had poor planning for needing a part in a hurry. Yet you have used examples of yourself needing parts, services, etc in a rush and have done exactly as he did, calling the business several times. You have gone for something you have needed before calling ahead expecting the business to be operating. This is even really a poor comparison since he placed the order before hand and paid for rush services, thus planning ahead. He found he needed the part, that he needed it fast and paid for rush service.

The business even acknowledge they handled his transaction poorly and apologized and refunded the very high cost of the rush service they did not provide. Yet you still feel somehow that he was wrong in his expectations and continued with the theory that he is at fault for expecting too much service from a business and lacks the ability to plan ahead

Regardless of all this, he had the right to post his experiences with a business be them good or bad. He did nothing wrong. Period. He did and does not deserve to be reprimanded and insulted. He has a valid post.

At this point I guess I'll just have to say I strongly disagree with you. I'll simply agree to disagree.

Jeepguy4276 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-18-2013, 10:10 PM   #32
tjkj2002
2002 KJ Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeepguy4276 View Post
You are comparing people who just sells things to make a buck on the side to an actual fulltime business. This is not even close to a valid comparison. It just doesn't even make sense to try and make such a comparison.

He never stated, nor did I, that the business should be expected to be open on the fourth. He never stated he expected that. He expected customer service and processing the days before and following the day of the 4th. You were the one who felt the business and a delay after the 4th and that businesses, and you, do not provide customer service and business services for several days following the 4th.

You also chose to insult him by saying he did not plan ahead. That he had poor planning for needing a part in a hurry. Yet you have used examples of yourself needing parts, services, etc in a rush and have done exactly as he did, calling the business several times. You have gone for something you have needed before calling ahead expecting the business to be operating. This is even really a poor comparison since he placed the order before hand and paid for rush services, thus planning ahead. He found he needed the part, that he needed it fast and paid for rush service.

The business even acknowledge they handled his transaction poorly and apologized and refunded the very high cost of the rush service they did not provide. Yet you still feel somehow that he was wrong in his expectations and continued with the theory that he is at fault for expecting too much service from a business and lacks the ability to plan ahead

Regardless of all this, he had the right to post his experiences with a business be them good or bad. He did nothing wrong. Period. He did and does not deserve to be reprimanded and insulted. He has a valid post.

At this point I guess I'll just have to say I strongly disagree with you. I'll simply agree to disagree.
Many of those 1 man companies it is there one and only full time job actually making products and selling them.As far as not responding till the next week most take vactions around the 4th so you'd have to expect they will not be open again till the next week since the 4th landed pretty close to the weekend.

Heck they way you guy's are acting you'd expect them to be open and answer your calls/emails even after they are dead and buried.
Unread 07-18-2013, 10:54 PM   #33
profdlp
2007 KJ Liberty 

Without wishing to get involved in the merry-go-round, I think the crucial point here is that he offered overnight shipping. If you offer something you need to be in a position to deliver it. Period. I'd bet if you look at all the one-man-show sole proprietorships out there you'll find that most of them make a mention somewhere to allow a fair amount of lead time (often several weeks) to receive an order once it's placed.

Having said that, it appears to me that Kevin knew he blew it and did everything he could to make it right. It speaks well of him that he did so and would make me more likely to deal with him down the road, not less.
profdlp is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-19-2013, 01:24 PM   #34
Jeepguy4276

Quote:
Originally Posted by profdlp View Post
Without wishing to get involved in the merry-go-round, I think the crucial point here is that he offered overnight shipping. If you offer something you need to be in a position to deliver it. Period. I'd bet if you look at all the one-man-show sole proprietorships out there you'll find that most of them make a mention somewhere to allow a fair amount of lead time (often several weeks) to receive an order once it's placed.

Having said that, it appears to me that Kevin knew he blew it and did everything he could to make it right. It speaks well of him that he did so and would make me more likely to deal with him down the road, not less.
Well said. I completely agree.
Jeepguy4276 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.