Kevins off road incompetence - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KJ Liberty Forum > Kevins off road incompetence

Don't forget the Jeep Forum discount, 10% off!Ruffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!The Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!

Unread 07-06-2013, 05:11 PM   #1
MudChef

Kevins off road incompetence

Just felt the need to post a poor customer experience with kevinsoffroad.com . I ordered some parts on 7/2 and paid $120+ for overnight shipping. I am on vacation this week and was eagerly looking to wheel my kj. It is now 7/6 and no parts have arrived.

MudChef is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-06-2013, 05:14 PM   #2
Redneck92

Dude it's The week of the 4th, most places were closed either all week or 3,4 and 5th. It does wonders if you call a vendor before ordering something.

Carolina Trailblazers
Redneck92 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-06-2013, 05:15 PM   #3
MudChef

I have left numerous voice and email messages all with no response. I understand that Wednesday was a holiday but my parts should have at least arrived by Friday. They have made no effort to respond or provide me with a tracking number for my order. Thanks Kevin, your incompetence has wasted my vacation plans. I would advise anyone who would order from them to think twice before doing so.
Unread 07-06-2013, 05:28 PM   #4
MudChef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redneck92
Dude it's The week of the 4th, most places were closed either all week or 3,4 and 5th. It does wonders if you call a vendor before ordering something.
I understand the holiday. But I do not understand the lack of communication on their part. I have been leaving messages since the Tuesday I ordered them. The only response I have received was an email to tell me my order was to be shipped out before the weekend. What was the point of overnight shipping if I have to wait a week anyway. I own my own business and with the technology at our fingertips allows us to monitor and respond to emails from anywhere at anytime. Maybe you just can't expect others in a customer service driven industry to live up to the standards you set for yourself.
Unread 07-06-2013, 05:49 PM   #5
grnd93
2001 TJ Wrangler 

I've done business with Kevin in the past and I can tell you for a fact he is a class act. Did you honestly expect your order to ship the day after it was placed? If you had done a bit of research on the vendor you would know that his operation is fairly small as far as staffing goes. But the quality of his work is first-class

In the future, if you need your stuff by a specific date I would recommend calling or e-mailing the vendor well ahead of time to be sure he can meet your needs.
grnd93 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-06-2013, 06:43 PM   #6
MudChef

That is why I went with him. He had had nothing but rave reviews on all the forums. I certainly did not expect it to ship on Wednesday, but I did expect it to ship Thursday. Once again it is less the delay in processing and more the lack of communication I have received. I personally have all emails for my business go to myself and all my managers phones. My customer is important to me and my business and I answer emails regarding my business on my days off and holidays. My business is small and we pride ourselves on the level of care we treat each customer. Maybe to others I'm over reacting but I don't expect any more attention for myself as a customer as I would give. We are in very different industries, but customer service is customer service. I truly hope Kevin contacts me and I end up deleting this thread. I am posting in hopes that it may motivate someone in the operation to contact me and return one of my many attempts to reach them. I am all about giving my money to and supporting the little guy.
Unread 07-06-2013, 07:03 PM   #7
grnd93
2001 TJ Wrangler 

You expected it to ship on 7-4? Really?
Unread 07-06-2013, 07:09 PM   #8
MudChef

Quote:
Originally Posted by grnd93
You expected it to ship on 7-4? Really?
My bad, I expected 7/5. That would have been Friday and w overnight shipping I should have gotten it today. I just want a response from them. That is the bottom line.
Unread 07-06-2013, 07:13 PM   #9
MudChef

Quote:
Originally Posted by MudChef

My bad, I expected 7/5. That would have been Friday and w overnight shipping I should have gotten it today. I just want a response from them. That is the bottom line.
Please remember, I have been leaving emails and voice mail since Tuesday.
Unread 07-06-2013, 07:32 PM   #10
grnd93
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MudChef View Post
Please remember, I have been leaving emails and voice mail since Tuesday.
It's quite possible they shutdown for the holiday. I know the local 4wd shop here closed early wed and won"t be open again until Monday. I"m not sure If Kevin ever got any office help. When I dealt with him he was it, so communication was a challenge. I would expect to hear from him early next week.
Unread 07-06-2013, 08:42 PM   #11
Jeepguy4276

I'll offer a little support to mudchef here. If the business was going to be closed or have different business hours, the customer should have been for warned. I would expect that if I place an order at any business, that they advise me when my order would be processed and shipped. Because they have no control over the item once it leaves their facility I would not expect them to know the exact delivery day or time unless they told me it would be here by a specific time. I would really expect them to inform me of hours or limitations when I requested rushed service like overnight delivery. If a ask for overnight delivery and pay for it they should tell me if the item is out of stock, shipped from elsewhere, not processed or shipped for a certain time frame, and definitely if the business would be closed for an amount of time. Overnight shipping isn't cheap and I'd be upset waiting any more than 24 hours. Ifi were told it wouldn't ship for 2 days for whatever reason, I probably would not overnight it. He should have been told the holiday hours or lack of employees would delay shipping.

Also, if a business accepts your money, they should provide adequate customer service at least until you have received the item. If the business doesn't care about customer service until after the item is received and the transaction is complete, that's up to them. Until the customer has received the merchandise the transaction is not complete and the business has the responsibility to provide customer service. It's no different than going to McDonald's and placing an order, once they take your money you want your food in a timely manner. If there are no chicken nuggets, they should let you know so you don't stand there the rest of the day waiting for your nuggets.

Mudchef should not expect the item should ship on the holiday and says he didn't, but he should be able to expect to be told if there is a delay. He most certainly should expect a callback to answer his questions. If its a small business or a large business they have the responsibility to provide him service until after the transaction is complete.

I don't think he's being difficult about this and don't understand why people are posting do negatively towards him. I'm sure everyone here has been upset because they ordered something and didn't get it when they need it or the item was back ordered, etc.. Or have not had yheir calls, emails, answred or even someone behind the counter at walmart that doesn't really acknowledge you. We've probably all even been upset because of yhe long wait in the walmart line even though yhey actually have no control over how many customers they have and are limited by the amount of employees working. If you haven't had it happen yet, it will at some point.
Jeepguy4276 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-06-2013, 08:44 PM   #12
Jeepguy4276

By the way, sorry my posts may get long and repetitive at times. I've had 3 strokes and it effects my thought process. Sometimes it takes me more words to get my point across. Lol
Jeepguy4276 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-06-2013, 08:51 PM   #13
WhiteOut
Web Wheeler

1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeepguy4276 View Post

Mudchef should not expect the item should ship on the holiday and says he didn't, but he should be able to expect to be told if there is a delay. He most certainly should expect a callback to answer his questions.
So he should be calling people back and emailing them back on the holidays and on the weekends?

Ordering a part he MUST HAVE a few days before he plans to use it is ****ty planning, especially when he knew there was a 4 day weekend coming up.
WhiteOut is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-06-2013, 08:52 PM   #14
WhiteOut
Web Wheeler

1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MudChef View Post
So it's 12 hours late at this point, have not talked to them because it is a holiday and you're already *****ing on here?
WhiteOut is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-06-2013, 09:51 PM   #15
oilbuner

2006 KJ Liberty 

I have tried calling Kevin's Offroad and have left a few messages and have never herd back or spoke to him on the phone. I though it was just me I do business with JBA. They have taken very good care of me Oilburner

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.